What Kind of Bend?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Uhh... No, I don't think so... The deck shouldn't really be bent at all, ideally. Usually, a deck will bend ("warp") if it's been in the sun too long in general or simply has been used too much. It helps manipulation if your cards are clean, crisp and straight. The problem with warps is that things like double lifts show too easily, and it's just harder to get pinky counts and stuff like that. Plus it just looks nicer... I'm sorry, I hope this is what you mean! ^.^

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I find not using a deck for a while it will straighten out by itself after a few weeks. So its good to have a few on hand. Ive never tried this, but someone once posted that putting them in the freezer helps. Worth a shot.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I DID try the freezer once (remember to put it in a freezer bag, incidentally), and it honestly didn't work so well, but maybe I just did it wrong. I've heard it working for some people, though.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Warping occurs when the moisture content on the edges of the cards is different than the moisture content in the center of the cards. Step one is to spread the cards out on a table overnight. This equalizes the moisture content. Then turn half the deck face up and riffle shuffle it into the face down half. Then put the deck in the box (make sure the Jokers and ad cards are in there and add some extra cards if needed to give it a tight fit) and put the box under a bunch of heavy books for a day.

The refrigerator or freezer method usually doesn't work because when you take the cards out the cold temperature attracts moisture (like the outside of a glass of ice water on a warm day) and thereby causes the cards to warp.

Another idea is a Porper card clip... The clips do an amazing job keeping cards flat.

Jun 10, 2010
I had a pack of cards in the side pocket of my backpack today that were exposed to the cold for about 20 minutes. Got a nasty warp in them. Was dribbling and table riffle shuffling them for about 30 minutes and it slowly started to go. Usage of cards will help get a warp out too.

Jan 16, 2011
My cards were perfect when I used the ideas that you guys gave me, but when I 'm springing the cards, they'll get this weird warp and I'm wondering if this is normal. If this helps, I spring with only my index, middle and ring fingers on the top.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results