What should I get? Help Needed!

Jun 11, 2008
Neww Jerseyy
I am getting some money, $120 to be exact and i am getting Surfaced by Chad Nelson but i would also like to get other products from D&D's new site any thing u guys recomend? Maybe totally out of control, Smooth operations, a DG project? I would really like to know your opinions.

P.S. is there any great new effects in the future that anyone knows about?

Sep 1, 2007
austria
well, it's always hard to say what one should buy, because it depends on what you're doing and what suits you.
from your post it looks like you're looking for magic items and not flourishing stuff, so what i would recommend from d&d is:
trilogy tricks disc,
ray kosbys Impossible Card Magic (if you're looking for some harder tricks/sleights)
michael webers life savers (i don't know myself, but i heard it's quite good)
totally out of control
smooth operations seems to be pretty popular, but you might want to get another opinion on that one since i personally don't like it that much

so that's about it, since you already have surfaced, which is great in my opinion.
only if you're more of a beginner i'd recommend royal road to card magic too.

but as i said, it's not that easy to help someone when you don't know alot about that person, so i think if you read the reviews here at t11 about the products that d&d offer you'll be able to figure out what you will like.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Buy Surfaced. Practice that and get the tricks on that DVD down.

With the rest of your money, buy a few decks. (no more than 12) Whichever decks you want.

With the left over money, buy something for your parents or something. Some new clothes, a new cd or a game you've had your eye on.

I'm serious, don't overload yourself with material. IF you bought, surfaced, TOOC and SO. Yeah you'd have a lot of stuff, but you'd overload your brain and not be able to remember any of it. With the material you have (including surfaced), learn it well and be the absolute best you can be with it. That'd be better than having all of those books/dvd's performed okayish.

- Sean

Oct 11, 2007
past midnight, i have it, and let me tell you, its a plethera of amazing material. i love it lol i watch it before i go to bed because it makes me feel warm and cozy inside lol thats just my opinion though

Oct 11, 2007
niceee thats the stack that joshua jay talks about saying that juan tamariz has a good stack... or was is it in richard osterlinds stack refering to his? idk i know too many stacks lol but i will look into it cause i hear good things about it, personally right now i use the breakthru card system, do you know both stacks and if so which do you prefer?

May 2, 2008
Buy Surfaced. Practice that and get the tricks on that DVD down.

With the rest of your money, buy a few decks. (no more than 12) Whichever decks you want.

With the left over money, buy something for your parents or something. Some new clothes, a new cd or a game you've had your eye on.

I'm serious, don't overload yourself with material. IF you bought, surfaced, TOOC and SO. Yeah you'd have a lot of stuff, but you'd overload your brain and not be able to remember any of it. With the material you have (including surfaced), learn it well and be the absolute best you can be with it. That'd be better than having all of those books/dvd's performed okayish.

- Sean

I can't agree with this more.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
niceee thats the stack that joshua jay talks about saying that juan tamariz has a good stack... or was is it in richard osterlinds stack refering to his? idk i know too many stacks lol but i will look into it cause i hear good things about it, personally right now i use the breakthru card system, do you know both stacks and if so which do you prefer?

Honestly, I do not know the Osterlind stack. I've come across a total of 3 stacks before mnemonica and mnemonica is just the most versatile. The book is huge and filled with knowledge and humour. He gives you a full history of stacked decks too (all the way back to the 1600's) and then starts describing his stack. VERY easy to get in to and so many beautiful pieces of magic you can do with it, your creatity really is the limit with the stack.

I've only been working with it for about a week though so I'm not a very reliable source for information. I'm still learning the stack, only looked at the tricks so far but they all seem amazing.

Google around, you'll find lots of info on it. :)

- Sean

Oct 11, 2007
THANKS BRO, I FOUND IT :) IT HAS SOME KILLER REVIEWS ALSO SO THATS AWESOME BRO. MUCH APPRECIATED. dO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BILL ABBOTTS SMARTASS OR EXTRACTOR ANY OPINION ON ANY OF THOSE EFFECTS?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results