What things do you carry when you go to the street?

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I dont really go and street magic people, or whatever. If I am going somewhere for at least two hours, I bring some things just incase I get bored and am waiting or I feel like showing stuff to whoever I am with.

I bring, a deck(Recently mine have been marked with the Blood system), 4 either silver dollars or half dollars, rubberbands(mostly to shoot at hecklers).
I always carry a gimmicked card in my wallet to do a card to wallet.

Thats about it.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Well, I always have a deck of cards in my pocket.

If I'm planning on going out, I bring:

1) 1-2 decks of cards with some dups
2) Rubber bands
3) Disotortion
4) Some coins.

David

In my left jacket pocket,
a deck of cards as close to 52 as I can get, and a sharpie with a green cap but writes in black, just because its funny.
a red shoelace tied around my left wrist,
a prediction in my cell phone, to get a chick phone number.
an odd backed card in my right pants pocket for a modified bizarre twist.
pre weakened corners on jokers and on the ace of hearts for 3 card monte.
My regular wallet with several cards in it for card to wallet or witness, which ever I'm in the mood for.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Noit that I do street magic with any kind of regularity, but if I'm going to be out in public for an extended period of time, I try to be prepared. Just in case.

- Deck of cards. I don't do gimmicks; if I need gaff cards (which I currently don't, but I'm thinking about picking up Ultragaff when it comes out), I pre-insert them in the pack. Depending on what I'm planning to do, I may pre-stack the deck a little so I can do a five-second trick on demand.

- Bottle of Purell. Clean, dry hands are really a must when you're doing card work.

- Erdnase's Expert at the Card Table, bible edition. If anyone asks how I did something, I say "it's all in here" and hand them the book. I have the little ribbon bookmark set in the palming section, because I don't palm. They'll open it to the bookmark, glance at what's there, and then hand it back. If they hang around watching, they're looking for me to palm cards, which I don't do.

Ha ha. I like that. I don't palm that much, but I really want to work on it and get it invisible...

Jan 11, 2008
New york
2 thumb tips one for cigarettes and one for bills.
My wallet..it's a magical one
I.T.R
BIC pen (white with black cap)
my "street legal knife" for all those unsuspecting coats.
a deck of cards and an extra 3 of clubs.(my deck of 3 of clubs stays home.)
A magic marker.

Sep 2, 2007
I always have at least one regular deck of cards handy. In addition, I cycle through a svengali, an invisible, and sometimes a stripper deck. Moreover, I always carry some coins, as well as the Panic gimmick and the coins for Digital Dissolve, among other things.

Cheers,
JTM

Jan 13, 2008
a black bike deck marked using the blood system.
and the knowledge of enough impromptu effects that don't require any other gimmicks or can be scraped together easily from everyday objects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results