What to buy?

Apr 25, 2016
Hey Guys!
My Name is LaScara and I am pretty new to this forum. However, I want to ask you, what things (gimmicks, DVD's, downloads, etc...) I should get, to start of my magic career.
I love card magic and I'm not a beginner in card magic anymore. I can do forces, controls, routines and so on. Now I want to get my magic (not only card magic) to a whole new level. I want to do some mentalism stuff or something else. Here's my question: What should I buy first? I mean, there are a lot of things, that recently have been released, I found kinda interesting, but I don't know how to start. Should I either get some downloads and learn some tricks or should I go for one big DVD like Liam Montiers "Essential Card Magic Toolbox". I like gimmicks and easy to-do-but-hard-to-figure-out-tricks, if you know what I mean. I'm hoping for someone to help me in this sticky situation.
Sincerely,
LaScara

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys!
My Name is LaScara and I am pretty new to this forum. However, I want to ask you, what things (gimmicks, DVD's, downloads, etc...) I should get, to start of my magic career.
I love card magic and I'm not a beginner in card magic anymore. I can do forces, controls, routines and so on. Now I want to get my magic (not only card magic) to a whole new level. I want to do some mentalism stuff or something else. Here's my question: What should I buy first? I mean, there are a lot of things, that recently have been released, I found kinda interesting, but I don't know how to start. Should I either get some downloads and learn some tricks or should I go for one big DVD like Liam Montiers "Essential Card Magic Toolbox". I like gimmicks and easy to-do-but-hard-to-figure-out-tricks, if you know what I mean. I'm hoping for someone to help me in this sticky situation.
Sincerely,
LaScara

Watch Jason England video entitled What to Read.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I always recommend books. Even to non-beginners I suggest getting a copy of Royal Road to Card Magic, Expert Card Technique (I think you will like this one in particular), and perhaps something that focuses solely on tricks like the Encyclopedia of Card Tricks. All of these are a good foundation (there are countless others, this is just what I suggest because I've read them). For videos, it really is up to you. Consider what you are interested in, and research. My personal recommendation is Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles. Check out his site to learn more: http://www.ammarmagic.com/dvds1.html
Welcome to Theory 11!

Apr 25, 2016
I really appreciate your fast and awesome answers. I already got the "Royal Road to card magic"- Book, however I have to admit it's kind of hard to read whole books for me, because I am German. I mean by that, I understand everything you replied here and I've been watching english magic videos on YouTube for a long time now. However, it can get difficult for me if there are terms, I just don't understand. That's the case due to the old language of the book. So, I like books, but if there are DVD-Collections or something similar that are useful for my situation, it would be great if you could tell me the name of those. Thank you in anticipation. ;):)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I really appreciate your fast and awesome answers. I already got the "Royal Road to card magic"- Book, however I have to admit it's kind of hard to read whole books for me, because I am German.

You should be able to find the Card College and Card College Light, Lighter and Lightest series by Roberto Giobbi in German. Those are the best sources to learn card magic. Royal Road is a difficult read even if english is your first language.

Apr 25, 2016
You should be able to find the Card College and Card College Light, Lighter and Lightest series by Roberto Giobbi in German. Those are the best sources to learn card magic. Royal Road is a difficult read even if english is your first language.
Thank you! Where can I get those books?

Aug 4, 2015
You could always try buying videos like on Theory 11 or Ellusionist. Virtuoso has some pretty sick videos too but those guys only do cardistry and you have to buy one of their decks in order to get the video (the new decks coming out very soon).

Welcome to Theory 11!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results