What you think of my website?

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Ok you need a total overhaul. Instead of About Collin do About Me and write in the first person. You need more pictures none of them in your bedroom. Get rid of the pink and faded black take some pictures outside in action(maybe working a crowd) never you posing for a camera. And lastly please change your writing if there is only 1 person in your organization its we not I and there is a lot of weird wording. Rewrite EVERYTHING!!!

Hope this helps.

-Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The pictures weren't near as good of quality as they should be for a pro's website. If you must, have them professionally taken. And if you're going to take pictures of you fans... you need to work on them a little more; they're not very good (no offense). You seem to emphasize that you use cards- to be a pro magician, you need to broaden your horizons. Even when I do magic at schoo (which is not very often), I get people asking me if I can do magic with something other than cards. So I started to branch out with a few coin tricks, a few tricks with random objects, a tiny tiny bit of mentalism. I found I was more happy as a performer, and felt better "fulfilled". The site needs a lot of work, and if you're really desperate- hire a pro to do it for you.

Also, under your "Links" section, you don't have any links. You have addresses to their websites, but no actual links. You might want to fix that. Another thing to get rid of, or at least hide better is the "ad" at the bottom that says it's a free website. At least pay for a domain name if you're going to be a pro.

The site needs a lot of work, and if you're really desperate- hire a pro to do it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Your Thumb fan needs work. seriously.
Try to take pictures outside or while your performing, because the site altogether makes look "n00by". You may not be a n00b but your site doesn't really help. better pictures! good luck!:)

Sep 8, 2007
My Site Suck And Need Help!

Ok my site sucks and it all needs to be redone. Does anyone have experience in web design I am willing to pay and would really appreciate it.

PatrickKun

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.patrickkun.com
I think the site is not bad. It is the photos and informations that you put. You can keep the site very simple and yet still remain professionally. You should first include a photo of you performing at different events that you have performed. This tell audience that you have experiences in performing magic. Secondly, try to keep your text formal and correct with grammar. People probably wouldn't like to hire someone who cannot write professionally. Do not include photo that you took in the bed room, for me I just think that it does seem a little unprofessional. I think if you change all these major things and maybe add some more color or create a logo on the site would be great. It does not suck. You just have to revise it so good luck with everything. Hope this helps.

I'm going to be honest, the site looks quite unprofessional with the whole "free theme" look. There was one posted a little while ago that was superbe. I have a few suggestions.

The site, right now looks okay, although the pink doesn't really suit it for me, and the colour scheme is a bit bland. But the fact that it has the free template ad, I don't know, it loses its professionalism for me.

I suggest you invest in a design for the site, or get a free template, but one that doesn't have advertisements for it, since you do have a domain name, which is good, I think you have your own hosting as well. Try joomla and work with that if you're not a total coder, just don't settle for a free template with advertisements, it doesn't cut it, if you need more help, let me know as this was just an opinion....

Alright dude. I'll be straight forward. It is not very good at all. But, don't let that discourage you. My site is really bad too. I am also having trouble getting people to sign up for my forums.

So, don't take this the wrong way. Maybe get some better pictures and have more ways to contact you. Not everyone has an email. I would rather call and speak to you myself. It's more formal then a letter.

Anyway just spruce up the site. And like I said, mine isn't great either. If you want to compare yours to mine go to: www.freewebs.com/magichelper.

Dylan P.

I'm a critic by nature, so don't take this harshly.

It's not bad. Could be better, but not bad.

Here are my thoughts:

- Try and make do without these free websites like weebly or freewebs. Show that you care about your website even if it means paying a little bit.
- As far as I can tell, you're a person, not a business. Don't use words like "us" and "we", be yourself! Use "I" and "me".
- Where's the bio section!?
- Put in some more pictures. This isn't too important. Do this last or something.
- As well as get rid of the coming soon... section. It's completely pointless. Take that section away until you get it finished.
- Something I like about it is that you purchased your own domain. That's the first step in producing a great magic website.

Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results