What's that trick called?

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Any help would be Appreciated =]

I think Wayne houchin did it on one of his videos.

Where the magician gets a spectator to come onto stage and sit, the spectator is then blindfolded.

The magician shows a picture to the audiance and asks them to remain quiet.
Then gives them 5 seconds to scream out what they saw on the picture in their head,

when the blindfolded spectator is asked what it is, he tells you the exact thing drawn on the picture

does any one know what the name of this trick is?

TWB

Aug 23, 2008
Yeah check out some mentalism books. Most likely 13 steps to mentalism like Robert said.

Peace out,
TWB

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
With out seeing it preformed I have no idea on the exact method.

Luke Jermay has a few things that are similar with numbers and time. One is found in 3510 and the other is in Coral Fang (I think).

I have a version if you would like to pm me I could explain the mechanics of my effect.

Oct 18, 2008
like D ICE R said Luke jermay has similar effects, suggestion could be possible. and when i said 13 steps to mentalisim, the actual method cannot be found, but a method could be developed from key points that are given in 13 steps.

Robert.

Actually, a direct method to this effect can be found in Corinda's 13 Steps. It's scattered throughout the entire book to produce different outcomes and presentations. Unfortunately, merely stating what the concept is could be exposure of the whole effect.

From what I can tell, suggestion isn't used other than presentational dressing. There is some nice dual reality at work though-- for more information on that, read some of Kenton Knepper's work. Andrew Mayne showcases an awesome display of dual reality in his effect Social Distortion. If you can get your hands on Derren Brown's lecture DVD, there's an awesome performance piece called Reminiscence that should point you in the right direction as well.

Cerca trova,
RS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results