What's wrong with my pressure fan?

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Try having the deck a little higher up and deeper into the crotch of your thumb before you fan. Make sure you cock the deck back (towards the left) just before you fan and have your left thumb a little closer to the inner left corner. In the video, your left thumb is straight. Try bending it towards the inner left corner a bit more.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Shanku

PS. Yes, I know I said crotch and cock in the same post. :p

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think everyone has that problem when they first start. You pretty much have to keep doing it until your fingers get used to it and eventually you'll get it.

One thing you might want to try is to release and curl your fingers underneath the pack at the end.

Basically you have to get used to the awkwardness of your right thumb being where it's at. Just keep doing it over and over again and eventually it will be second nature

-Kevin

Dec 14, 2007
First, it is not horrible. Pop one of them out in front of a real person and they will be thrilled. So - good start.

Here's the secret: The pressure fan is finished with the right fingers - not the right thumb. It's a weird thing to try to describe, but as you get to the end, the right thumb tip rolls upward. It is still contacting the cards - but the BACK of the cards, not the ends. You maintain a downward pressure for control purposes, but by this point, it is the right fingers that are really doing the work.

The right thumb ends up laying on the back of the decks top cards and UNDER the left thumb.

Also, don't think of the right hands movement into the fan as a semi circle. Think of it as an upside down 'U'.

Did that make sense at all?

Brad

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results