What's Wrong With Sweaty Hands?

I've read a couple of threads about overly sweaty hands.

I have the exact same problem. It's probably even worse than most of you guys' situations. My hands DRIP (that's right, DRIP) sweat even when I'm not holding a deck of cards. (Which is why I fail in coin magic. T_T)

I understand that for magic, it can be irritating because the sweat can sometimes mess you up when you're performing a sleight.

But for flourishers, it is a SECRET WEAPON. (Unless you're doing fans and/or spreads.)

It holds the cards together and allows us to do moves that are otherwise harder to do with a dry deck of cards. (The Backpack cut is a burden to me no more.)

I used to frown on my flood causing hands, but now I have learned to take advantage of it.

I mean, my magic is still decent, but my flourishing is just great.

I hope this can help some of you view your sweaty hands in a different way.

;D

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Well you just answered your own question :p

it can be irritating because the sweat can sometimes mess you up when you're performing a sleight.

And it kills fans.
and the moisture thing.

Continued practice and fanning powder will keep my cards together, I can do without sweat. Lucky for me I've never had a problem with it anyway.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Very gross, but I'm happy you could find a positive in this situation.
In the future, try baby powder or chalk.
I was in gymnastics when I was a kid and there were giant bowls full of powdered chalk that we'd rubbed on our hands so that we had better grip while flipping on bars and rings. (Gets rid of sweat)
So try that and see how it works for the magic aspect of it.
Good luck.

i HAVE SWEATY HANDS!!! It JUST SUCK WHEN u do magic.. when ur hands get sweaty... ur cards spoil real fast... i can wear down a bike deck in a few hours of constant playing and flourishing... when ur performing and down with sweaty hands at the same time... difficult sleights are hard or almost impossible to pull off.. i personally LOVE Dan&Dave's tricks and enjoy performing them.. but... with sweaty palms.. its almost impossible to perform that genre of card magic..

With the sweat off...its real fun to watch people freak out =)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Chriz0r
Yay, let the revolution begin!

I used to get sweaty hands when writing or drawing or even holding the deck in my palm.
But I started dehydrating myself, yay for endurance! (David B would be proud)

David Blaine, hopefully, would not be proud of someone who purposely dehydrates themselves. It is a serious detriment to your health, and there are much easier ways to prevent sweaty hands.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results