When can one call him/herself a magician

Hey everybody how have you been ?? I've already asked a few people this question but I'm curious as to when you guys as experienced magicians started calling yourself a magician. Is it solely based on passion for Magic ?? Should you have had the experience of " blowing one's mind " ?? Or is it a combination of both ?? I personally feel comfortable and confident calling myself a magician but I definitely wouldnt put the words experienced in front of it LOL. If someone had asked this prior I apologize for the repeat but would appreciate your feedback thank you everybody.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Here is an interesting theory/idea. I don't ever really call myself a magician. I refer to myself as an entertainer.
Just my opinion. I don't go around telling people that I am a magician.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think anyone who does magic can call themselves a magician. I also think if one calls oneself a magician, they should be prepared to be magical at all times. Which, in my experience, tends to create this scenario where when someone gets into magic they call themselves a magician, then they start to realize how much there is to learn in magic and stop calling themselves a magician for a while, then eventually when they're comfortable performing they call themselves a magician again.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Aug 15, 2017
Hey everybody how have you been ?? I've already asked a few people this question but I'm curious as to when you guys as experienced magicians started calling yourself a magician. Is it solely based on passion for Magic ?? Should you have had the experience of " blowing one's mind " ?? Or is it a combination of both ?? I personally feel comfortable and confident calling myself a magician but I definitely wouldnt put the words experienced in front of it LOL. If someone had asked this prior I apologize for the repeat but would appreciate your feedback thank you everybody.
As soon as you perform your first trick.

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I think anyone who does magic can call themselves a magician. I also think if one calls oneself a magician, they should be prepared to be magical at all times. Which, in my experience, tends to create this scenario where when someone gets into magic they call themselves a magician, then they start to realize how much there is to learn in magic and stop calling themselves a magician for a while, then eventually when they're comfortable performing they call themselves a magician again.

This is my exact feelings on it. When I started I was quick to say I am a magician now and then everyone wants to see some magical and I quickly stopped saying it. I would say I am an aspiring magician now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results