Where can I learn the "unliftable person" trick?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
There's this trick I've seen many magicians, namely Dynamo, do where someone can lift them at first, but then cannot. I remember learning it a long time ago but I can't remember exactly how to do it. It's like an impromptu light heavy box but with a person,

Now let me say this, I don't just ask about tricks on here for the sake of knowing how they're done. That's why I try not t0 ask for the method. I only ask about tricks that I could see myself utilizing in my routines and walk around stuff.

But yeah, where did this trick originate? Who came up with it? And where/how can I learn it?

Aug 15, 2017
There's this trick I've seen many magicians, namely Dynamo, do where someone can lift them at first, but then cannot. I remember learning it a long time ago but I can't remember exactly how to do it. It's like an impromptu light heavy box but with a person,

Now let me say this, I don't just ask about tricks on here for the sake of knowing how they're done. That's why I try not t0 ask for the method. I only ask about tricks that I could see myself utilizing in my routines and walk around stuff.

But yeah, where did this trick originate? Who came up with it? And where/how can I learn it?
come on mate...it is like, public domain now!
And I THINK that the tutorial's there on YT.
But the fact is that I dunno if it was ethical to reveal this effect on YT, but nevertheless, u asked for a source, I have said one.
Also, I don't know abt the quality of the tutorials...but if you want the method and u know u will be able to figure out a performance style, I suggest u get going wid it!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
come on mate...it is like, public domain now!
And I THINK that the tutorial's there on YT.
But the fact is that I dunno if it was ethical to reveal this effect on YT, but nevertheless, u asked for a source, I have said one.
Also, I don't know abt the quality of the tutorials...but if you want the method and u know u will be able to figure out a performance style, I suggest u get going wid it!

Which is the best reason not to use something like that in your performance. Some idiot has posted it on YouTube exchanging secrets that aren't theirs for views and have ruined the magic for everyone else. Yet another example of how YouTube ruins magic.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've used it. Pretty sure it's in Body Magic by Fisher, along with a bunch of other fun things.

When it comes to things that have made the YouTube reveal circles (since most of those people don't really buy much stuff, they just wait until it gets exposed in one place and race to get it up on their channels while it's still "new"), the key is framing it in such a way that it doesn't trigger the memory of knowing what it is. That's why creating unique and original presentations is so important.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results