Where should I start with flourishing?

• Thread starter ElizabethMagician
  • Start date
E

ElizabethMagician

I've been doing magic since late 2011. Recently I've been trying to start doing flourishing, but everyone I find is too difficult. I don't know where to start, I'd like to find a few flourishes that I could practice and be able to use during my performances. Please leave a comment below, I'm a kid so nothing too complex, please.

Start with classical flourishing. Check out Hugard's Card Manipulations. Also Andrei Jikh's Genesis volume 1 has a good portion of beginning flourishes. Everything takes practice, so if you really want to go for it, you may have to just tackle the tough stuff head on. Dan and Dave's Trilogy is a modern classic. I definitely recommend that.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Hey Elizabeth!

I also recommend Genesis V1, i'm no master flourisher myself but this DVD teaches you nearly all the basics you need to know to start more complex flourishes such as Genesis V2, Solo by Micheal James or Pure by Ekaterina (i think i spelled it right ;))

Oct 5, 2011
Canada
Like the other replies, I recommend Genesis v1. I like it because Andrei not only presents the material in a good way, but also addresses certain issues one may encounter when trying to learn certain moves. Genesis however, does not cover the Sybil Cut which I believe is an important foundational 2 handed cut.

E

ElizabethMagician

Thanks, I know where to learn the sybil cut for free. Although I find that too difficult but with some practice I'll be able to do the sybil cut quite soon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results