Where to get sound

Jan 1, 2009
Yea, we all know that Dana's music is coming out real soon. But the question is, in all Theory 11 videos, there is a sound that comes with some distortion of some kind to make the videos look distorted and well of course, looks cool to me.
One example is the trailer of riot by Dan Hauss in the T11 trick section. Would like to ask if anybody knows where to download the sounds that comes with the distortion/transitions in the videos (such as the riot one). You will get a rough idea of what I mean when you watch the riot video.
I have a little experience in video editing because I do sometimes edit my own magic videos. I know how to distort my videos a little for transition purposes, but if I could get hold of that sound that T11 uses, it would be great!
So anybody have any idea where to get hold of those sounds? I tried to find these sounds on the net but to no avail. Anybody please?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Do you mean the kind of swooping, phfwooph(?) sound? If so, it sounds similar to white noise to me, maybe record a radio between channels and mess around with it on some sound editing software a little. If that isn't the sound you mean, I don't know. Could you clarify a little more?

Jan 1, 2009
Yea, its that "woom" some kind of like distorted sound that makes the video look and sound much cooler. I wonder where does Theory11 get that. Do they download it for a price or is it that they have a specialized sound effect programme. I don't think normal video editing software like the one I am currently using (sony vegas) or adobe provides those sounds. I was hoping to grab hold of those sounds for my videos. Anybody knows where to get those sounds?
Oh ya, by the way, you could just check out the riot trailer video. Its the sound that always comes when the video has a transition or is a little distorted, usually between different performance versions of riot. Its a "woom" kind of sound or a "whoosh", you get what I mean.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Yeah, as I said, you could record something and mess it up on a sound editing programe like Garageband or something. That would be your best bet. Or pm Wayne/Dana and ask him.

Jan 1, 2009
Ar, thats the case

Oh, so these sounds are called design sounds, or cinematic sound. Thanks. However, I dun have the budget to get professional software like Design Sound FX as above-mentioned. Anybody can recommend any website that have design/cinematic sounds available for download, like the ones used in the trailer for Design Sound FX. Seems like a great software, but sadly I dun have the budget and the need for 500 awesome sounds. I just need a few, maybe 3-4 variations to put in some of my videos and it will look and sound awesome!
So anybody has anything in their mind? A website that provides free design/cinematic sounds?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results