Where to now?

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So I have decided to take a break from flourishing, because I've been really into it lately, and come back to some card magic, the problem being I don't know where to go. I have gotten the majority out of Royal road to card magic, and i own Oz Pearlman's Born to Preform and some other one trick DVDs.

So basically I need some help on what to get next, I don't really want anymore one trick DVDs or gimmicked stuff, mainly just some good sleight of hand magic. I was thinking about the Trilogy (which I want for flourishing anyway, working on the system) but I think the tricks may be a little advanced. If not feel free to recommend it. Any DVD or book recommendations would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Jun 24, 2008
if you arent an "E" hater I must recommend that Ninja 1, 2, and Crash course 2 are all full of really useful sleights, also they're all really good intermediate dvd's that will get you ready for the Trilogy.

Sep 3, 2007
All the good, practical tricks on the Trilogy are on the System Pdf. (That's just my opinion)

I personally really like the Flourishing 101 Section, but other than that, I wish I had just stuck with the System.

I'd recommend Jay Sankey's Extremely Ambitious or Paperclipped Special Edition (I know you said no one trick DVDs, but there is so much extra stuff on these DVDs!) over the E dvds. Though I really like CC2, if you've gotten through the basics, Extremely Ambitious is a lot better.

Some stuff that I don't personally own:
Card College
Paper Engine

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I would reccomend the Trilogy. I don't think most of the tricks are particularly hard (or at least, they are easily adapted to become reasonably easy).

Oct 13, 2007
DVD's

The trilogy DVD s would be a good bet. I never found the tricks all that hard some moves can be a little bit knacky but you'll get it. Plus you will also get the flourishing DVD which will also be a plus for you.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hmmm Past Midnight by Benjamin Earl actually looks really interesting... I may have to go look up some reviews on that :D. So I guess right now its between that or the trilogy.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please do add them in. :D

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Like everyone else said, Dangerous and the Trilogy. But you might also want to take a look at Card College .

Sep 1, 2007
DVDs:
John Guastaferro Brainstorm vols 1 and 2
James Brown 2008 Lecture DVD
Any and all of Bill Malone's, David Regal's or Greg Wilson's DVDs

Books:
Card College as a reference. My very favourite though is Jack Parker "52 Memories".

Cheers,
David.

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
If you already got v.2 of CC (and enjoyed reading it) i would continue with the rest if i were you.

Oh yeah, i've heard that The Paper Engine is a good buy too. I'm not sure how difficult it is though...

/marb

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If you already got v.2 of CC (and enjoyed reading it) i would continue with the rest if i were you.

Oh yeah, i've heard that The Paper Engine is a good buy too. I'm not sure how difficult it is though...

/marb

Oh sorry when I said CC2 I meant Crash Course 2, I do not own any of the card college series heh.

So I think I will pick up the trilogy, (as it will aid in my magic and flourishing) once Andthensome comes out, assuming its not being released in like a year =/. If it is I might just go ahead and pick up the trilogy and get the other disc after wards, or get dangerous and then get the trilogy when Andthemsome is released.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Jan 27, 2008
Like everyone else said, Dangerous and the Trilogy. But you might also want to take a look at Card College .
Don't get Dangerous... you'll be way happier with the Trilogy.
Oh yes, nothing is ever too advanced, as long as your willing to practice.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
david stones real secrets of magic vol. 1 and 2 are pretty good and have a good variety of tricks in them to really balance your magic well. he also goes into getting gigs in restaraunts and some stuff that will really help with your performances

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
If you want a ton of sleights, Card College Series.

You want good tricks to put them into (or just perfer DVDs) Trilogy or Dangerous(don't own, but have d+M's trilogy of notes so I have most of the tricks and they are good)

Hope that helped.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results