Which camera do you use W:H (or Dana)?

Mar 30, 2008
I'm wondering which camera you are using to shot the tricks.
If you could write the name of the camera i would be very happy, maby i buy the same sort.
What i'm looking for is a good camera that i can shot some street magic with and later edit in the computer (ex, Sony vegas 7.0)
And which software do you use to edit the movie?

Thanx

you don't have to get the exact same camera that he has. Technology change everyday, I'm pretty sure his camera is sort of out dated (no offence Dana). Just buy a newest HD camera out there right now. I guess it will do the job.
For editing software, you can either use Sony Vegas or Avid (if you're a professonal editor), or if you own a Mac go for Final Cut Pro.

Tricky Devil

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I can't tell you what kind of camera he uses, as I don't know, but it's fairly expensive. As for editing, he and Dana use Final Cut Pro. If you're interested in just filming yourself doing magic, you really don't need the quality they have. It would be overkill. I have a fairly inexpensive Canon ZR-700, and if you look at some of my videos you can see the quality is pretty good.

Really, it's not the quality of the camera you use, but how well you can edit it. I'd recommend getting a regular consumer camera like my Canon, and picking up Final Cut Express HD as well. Both are significantly cheaper than professional equipment, but you can do just about everything you need to.

Hope that helped.

David

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
We use Sony FX1 and Sony Z1U camcorders to film everything you see here. And to answer any future questions: Apple + Final Cut Studio [Yes, I make bold predictions.]

For any soundtrack related questions, you'd have to go to Dana "Dope Tracks" Hocking. Word.

Dec 30, 2007
How much are the camera's?

If you were a newb, I'd tell. Seeing as how you have 1,500 posts, though, and definitely aren't new to the internet, I'll say Google it. All I had to do was type "Sony FX1", and there were 3 different links confirming the price.

And in the time I've just spent being an ass to you, I could have said "$999" twenty times. Huh.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results