Which cards are cheap and last the most?

Nov 25, 2008
I am planning to buy a deck or two.Right now i am stuck with cheap plastic cards.I am from india and it is almost impossible to find bicycle or any other good brands.Also i want to start flourishing.I like the guardians.But the shipping charges are $7.95.The total cost comes out to be $12.40 which is about 20 times what i pay for plastic cards. Is it worth buying guardians or any other branded ones?
which ones last the most?
which ones are good for card magic and cardistry?
Please answer all three questions.

TheCleaner

Banned
Sep 25, 2008
If it's that bad, just buy some Tallys, they last long, and are affordable, about $20 a brick or less, plus shipping depending on who you go to.

plastic isnt the way to go.

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
Tallies and Bikes are your best bets, in terms of cost vs. durability. Bikes seem to get a bad rep sometimes because of their commonness, but they really are excellent cards. If you get bored of either one, however, then Arrcos and white-bordered Bees are fantastic cards for a fair price.

Sep 20, 2008
ebay's your best option. ellusionist will murder you with their shipping prices. (Which may i add is not their fault- but their shipping company's fault)

Feb 28, 2008
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that Alladin's are cheap in India. Maybe you should look for those. I've never used them before, but I've only heard good things.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Lol Don't worry I also had this problem when I first started out. Heck I used plastic cards for 5 months before I first bought myself Ghosts.

When you are first starting out you might not buy a brick( 12 cards) because you want to experiment with different cards to get a feel.

I say go visit you're local magic / drug shop and buy one packet of uspcc cards. Try getting alladins 1001 because it is great for humidity and is cheap in India. Just do some researching online.

After you have been into cards for a while I recommend buying bricks of cards.

Tally Ho 9's are a good choice, or maybe Standard bikes if you perform magic regularly.

Best place to buy is eBay, here are some good and reliable sellers. Email them if you want a deal on your cards.
- http://stores.ebay.com/Full-Boat-Dealer-Playing-Cards (full boat dealer)
- http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pokerstud52_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ (pokerstud52)

Just keep browsing around and you will find heaps of sellers.
Good luck with your search =D

-DL

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I think Alladin's are you best bet - they can be shipped from Singapore or bought at Dananddave.com, and they were made specifically for the hot humid climate resident in Singapore as well as in India.

Definately worth the money.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results