Which type of velvet is Shin Lim using?

J.K

Jan 26, 2018
Hey guys,
I kinda wonder what kind of velvet Shin Lim is actually using, for example when he performs 52 shades or at his live lecture.
Does anybody know how that is called?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I guess there is some kind of velvet put on to the map and I wanna know how that is called ;)
But nevertheless tanks
There isn't really a velvet that goes over it. The mat itself is soft and cushioned and has a "velvety" texture.

Some of the higher quality ones are straight up velvet or suede, and all of them are a soft fabric.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
You need to go to a fabric store and look around for what he's using it's what he did. He is not using a solid black mat. He explains it in his lecture video.

Reactions: myshkin

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
As mentioned...go to a craft store and go to the fabric section. You'll find plenty of colors, textures, and different levels of softness all on big rolls.

Reactions: myshkin
Feb 1, 2017
Whatever you do, don't use felt. It gets fuzzy as **** after several uses and looks worn out and used. It works if you just want a low budget material for a quick video: however, I don't recommend it for long term use such as practicing.

Nov 4, 2017
I found faux suede at the fabric store and like it a lot. The nap isn’t as thick as real suede, which has some advantages for close up, and is very durable.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results