Which Ultra Gaff dvd is most worth it?

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
Hey guys, I have 60 dollars. I'm getting the ultragaff deck with half of my money. So, which ultragaff dvd should I get? Which one is most worth it?

Mar 21, 2010
I wouldn't even spend on a Ultra Gaff Deck or the DVDs to follow it... Our spectators will be amazed, but they know the cards are printed that way, and the takes away from the effect. IMHO - I know some will say that they've bewildered spectators with gaff cards and such, but do you really believe that they believe you can really manipulate ink (?) + when they think back on it, the only explanation IS the only explanation.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I wouldn't even spend on a Ultra Gaff Deck or the DVDs to follow it... Our spectators will be amazed, but they know the cards are printed that way, and the takes away from the effect. IMHO - I know some will say that they've bewildered spectators with gaff cards and such, but do you really believe that they believe you can really manipulate ink (?) + when they think back on it, the only explanation IS the only explanation.

This is one of those set of tricks that leave the audience thinking, "How the heck did they do that?" You see, Laymen don't really know about gaff cards that much. It is a concept that they do not know that much about so we capitilize on it. I am one that doesn't give reasons for why things happen, I just say that they do. I still remember seeing David Blaine move diamonds, only to walk away stunned because by the world of what I percieved, there was no explaination.

May 20, 2010
When you walk up to complete strangers and start showing them a magic trick, they expect one of two things. 1. To be amazed or 2. To "catch" the magician. These Gaff cards are perfect for blowing someone's mind. They're not intended to be used one right after the other on the same audience. Hit them with one powerful effect and leave them with their heads shaking. The DVD's and the Deck are awesome. I have to agree with RediSpades though, just save another 30 bucks and get the whole bundle. It's worth it, there's a ton of great information on each disc.

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world

But, every gaff trick starts out like any other trick you show them. For example, Unicycle. You have a spectator remember a card. Then, you put the deck in the box and make the spade on the box vanish. The spade is now on the back of their selection. They will never see it coming. And they won't think of gaff cards. They'll think MAGIC.

Mar 21, 2010
But, every gaff trick starts out like any other trick you show them. For example, Unicycle. You have a spectator remember a card. Then, you put the deck in the box and make the spade on the box vanish. The spade is now on the back of their selection. They will never see it coming. And they won't think of gaff cards. They'll think MAGIC.

"They'll think MAGIC." - IMHO, I don't think so. Yeah, gaffs may seem 'cool', but I decide to say away from them... as I said before, they only explanation IS the only explanation - and seriously don't say that some spectators won't backtrack the effect. Even if everything was performed smoothly and cleanly, our spectators aren't dumb when it comes to magic. I remember seeing a video review by Jamie D. Grant for Luke Dancy's and Daniel Garcia's Tricycle - in it he describes the scenario of how spectators know he didn't manipulate the ink, how did he know the card, did he make me pick that card, ect... and the way they think about gaffs and such - pretty much what I described before.

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
"They'll think MAGIC." - IMHO, I don't think so. Yeah, gaffs may seem 'cool', but I decide to say away from them... as I said before, they only explanation IS the only explanation - and seriously don't say that some spectators won't backtrack the effect. Even if everything was performed smoothly and cleanly, our spectators aren't dumb when it comes to magic. I remember seeing a video review by Jamie D. Grant for Luke Dancy's and Daniel Garcia's Tricycle - in it he describes the scenario of how spectators know he didn't manipulate the ink, how did he know the card, did he make me pick that card, ect... and the way they think about gaffs and such - pretty much what I described before.

I'm not saying our spectators are dumb when it comes to magic. I'm just saying that a gaff trick will make them want to think it's magic. There's no doubt that they will back track the trick later. But for those few moments, they'll want to think it's magic.

Mar 21, 2010
I'm not saying our spectators are dumb when it comes to magic. I'm just saying that a gaff trick will make them want to think it's magic. There's no doubt that they will back track the trick later. But for those few moments, they'll want to think it's magic.

I see what you mean - point taken. Also, I didn't say that you said our spectators are dumb, I just used it in general.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results