White Lions!

Jul 30, 2011
The deck still has to look classy so we decided to use classic pip designs. If the pips were different from what a layman is used to seeing, they would immediately know it's an abnormal deck and would attribute the magic to the deck and not the magician.

That is the exact reason it really doesn't bother me all that much. I LOVE the deck.

Oct 22, 2010
Ok,

Looks:
The box is just amazing, its so simple but it just has something that lets it shine. The cards themselves are very elegant, when you look closely you can see the details of the split spades which is breathtaking but when you look at it from a distance it is very minimalistic and beautiful. Personally this is not one of my favorite back designs but it is a very interesting one.

Feel:
When you first take it out of the box they are very slick. I had trouble holding on to them.
But once you broke them in and used them for a while they felt like butter.
The stock feels like a stiffer,springier and thinner version of a normal standard bike. I love using them for flourishes because of the good weight and size of the cards. I use these cards for magic ALOT now because things like double lifts IMO have become effortless with this deck. Definitely my type of deck. One thing i am disappointed by is that its crimp recovery is bad. Normally with another deck i can flatten out a crimp in a performance but with the White Lions they just stay crimped. Thankfully i have a porper clip that just straightens them out.
They farro one way but if you do farro them the right way they slip together like heaven.

Overall a very nice deck, even if you just use standard bikes or other cheap cards in performances this deck is a must have. Even if you don't believe that custom cards are worth it, buy it for its collectible value in the future.
One of favorite decks these past few years, you wont be disappointed.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I see the word elegant being thrown around a lot. Can anyone specifically explain what is elegant about the design? I like the cards but elegant is not a word I would use to describe them.
Also, does anyone else think that the box looks a lot like a cigarette packet?

Oct 22, 2010
I see the word elegant being thrown around a lot. Can anyone specifically explain what is elegant about the design? I like the cards but elegant is not a word I would use to describe them.

The design is very subtle, in a good way. And it does look like an expensive cigarette packet.

Doug McKenzie

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
www.nycmagician.com

I like that you picked up on the cigarette box idea. USPCC said it was their favorite box design they had ever seen.

Doug McKenzie

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
www.nycmagician.com
Ok,

Looks:
The box is just amazing, its so simple but it just has something that lets it shine. The cards themselves are very elegant, when you look closely you can see the details of the split spades which is breathtaking but when you look at it from a distance it is very minimalistic and beautiful. Personally this is not one of my favorite back designs but it is a very interesting one.

Feel:
When you first take it out of the box they are very slick. I had trouble holding on to them.
But once you broke them in and used them for a while they felt like butter.
The stock feels like a stiffer,springier and thinner version of a normal standard bike. I love using them for flourishes because of the good weight and size of the cards. I use these cards for magic ALOT now because things like double lifts IMO have become effortless with this deck. Definitely my type of deck. One thing i am disappointed by is that its crimp recovery is bad. Normally with another deck i can flatten out a crimp in a performance but with the White Lions they just stay crimped. Thankfully i have a porper clip that just straightens them out.
They farro one way but if you do farro them the right way they slip together like heaven.

Overall a very nice deck, even if you just use standard bikes or other cheap cards in performances this deck is a must have. Even if you don't believe that custom cards are worth it, buy it for its collectible value in the future.
One of favorite decks these past few years, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks for the review.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results