Who has been most influencial to your magic routine?

I think the name pretty much says it but I'll say it again...

What magician most influenced your routines these days?

I'd have to say Daryl has a lot on my Ambitious Card, and also Dan and Dave... Just because they gave me some style when it came to handling the cards =P

For coins it's probably either Bobo (haha) or Jay Sankey.

Although, they're not who got me started. It's actually videos that I had seen of David Copperfield and Lee Asher who really got me into magic.

And what about YOU!?

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Blaine's special got me interested in doing magic because I wanted to give people reactions like he did which of course led me to ...

Ellusionist and Brad Christian and their whole gang (garcia, the Bucks, Houchin, and Miller).

But I'm not sure how many of you know him, I had the great opportunity to get taught personally by Joey Burton about a year ago (creditied to the Skater Cut on DnD Trilogy) who taught me a bunch on Magic History and all his heroes including Kenner, Liwag, and who hung out with Asher. He taught me the most about crowd control, presentation and a lot of subtleties that you don't necessarily get out of a book.

Sep 3, 2007
Derren Brown's style is what I've been working to recreate, mix it with some Kevin Ho and some flourishes, you get some sweet stuff ;)

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
The magician who really taught me how to perform is a man named Bobby Acoba. He's a bartender who does magic in a bar at the Ala Moana hotel in Hawaii. This guy can take the simplest piece of magic and make it the most amazing thing that you've ever seen.

Sep 1, 2007
I wouldn't be the magician that I am today without having had a chance to study the work of Greg Wilson and John Guastaferro.

I would have to say Bruce Chadwick (former President of T.A.O.M.- Texas Association of Magicians), has had the most influence on me. I went into his magic shop the only magic shop really worth buying from my neck of the woods and he was just amazing with his tricks. I was practicing magic before I met him but he showed me I really wasn't. He could take the self unfolding bill a simple effect and put so much life into it. He brings the simplest of effects alive and makes them very entertaining. Thank you Bruce for everything. I would also have to say BoBo for coins, Aldo Columbini, Dai Vernon, and Paul Harris. All these guys influenced me more in my art. Sorry went off a little there.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I have 3 major ones, 2 of which I'm proud to call influences.
The Masked Magician is who really go tme into magic.
When I was younger I would watch all those specials on Fox, and realized just how amazing magic was and could be!
The second was David Blaine, because he made magic personal for me, it wasn't all on stage, it was real and in your face.
The third was Criss Angel, because he made me realize that magic could be made mystical and almost scary, and he's part of what got me into magic over the past year or so.

Sep 4, 2007
David Blaine is the one who got me to search online for quality magic. But Brad Christian was my first teacher. Every time I typed in "magic" into google, E came up, so I figured it must be good! The Buck twins added an AMAZING amount of flair and grace to my magic.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Whit Haydn, as far as routining and presentation. I don't do his kind of character at all, but just taking his overall experience and knowledge has helped me a lot. Him and Ricky Jay (just from watching and studying their performances) have done a lot for me.

Those two have helped my routines and performance, and the new guys like Miller and Garcia and all of the T11 crew who have helped to push magic in different directions, in directions that I want to be going as well.

Ty

Hi guys,

I met a magician in Paris last year and he simply changed my life.
His name is Sebastien Clergue and he's without a doubt one of the finest thinkers in all the magic community.

Sebastian Clergue astonished me with his incredible effect "Memento" (brilliant, simply brilliant...)
I would kill to see him doing tricks once again !

Guys, all I can do is to send you my best wishes in case you'd be able to meet him, this guy has definitely changed the way I see and perform magic.

Chapeau Mr. Clergue, as we say in French.

Simon.

P.S. Sorry for my "not so good" English, I'm not practicing enough these days...

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
People always ask me who my fave magi are. My list (in no particular order) goes as thus:

Penn and Teller
Amazing Johnathan
Rudy Coby
Sylvester the Jester

I have been fortunate to meet and briefly chat with each one. (And even hang out with one when I am in CA)

I have always preferred the guys who use magic as a vehicle to get where they are going. To make their point, not make it their total focus. Each one has been an influence, not so much by their magic but their ways of approaching it. Early in my youth tho' it was amazing J who had a lot of influence on me just by seeing his act. I was drawn to the insanity and off the wall visuals. Having hippie parents didn't help much ha ha.

(I am sure none of this shocks anybody does it?)

i first started magic when i found ellusionist from searching the internet about levitaions, well not including stuff from poorly made books i had when i was young. i saw chris angel do a levitation on mindfreak quite some time ago and at that time didn't know what to believe. i actually thought i could learn to really do it when i stumbled on Ellisionist and my passion for magic was ignited by Mr. Brad Christian. later it began to dwindle until i was introduced to the mindblowing skills of dan and dave.

ahh the memories.

so yeah, mainly Team E , dan and dave and the very great Wayne houchin.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results