Why Are You Interested In Magic?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
How is that a major problem in magic.:confused:

word.
to me its only a problem if you make it one.
ive never actually seen anyone that gets into it for those reasons.
and all the ten or thirteen year old kids on youtube.they'll get bored of magic within the year.
if you yourself treat it as an art.other people will see that and learn from you.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
"We are all working toward the power of forcibly suspending an audiences disbelief, and unlocking states of wonder they have long lost to growing up. We can take them to another place, and tweak their perception of reality.

No other artistic medium allows this. None. Even theater and film require a voluntary suspension of disbelief."

Same Here. I believe that the trick isnt the art, but the impression you make on your spectators. Thats whats beautiful, not the trick. If you consider magic art then you must realize the trick is just the brush, the spectator's life is the canvas. what will you create?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
"We are all working toward the power of forcibly suspending an audiences disbelief, and unlocking states of wonder they have long lost to growing up. We can take them to another place, and tweak their perception of reality.

No other artistic medium allows this. None. Even theater and film require a voluntary suspension of disbelief."

Same Here. I believe that the trick isnt the art, but the impression you make on your spectators. Thats whats beautiful, not the trick. If you consider magic art then you must realize the trick is just the brush, the spectator's life is the canvas. what will you create?

That was very well put.
way better than i did.haha

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I remember a teacher of mine doing a great trick which puzzled the hell out of me. What bothered me even more was when he said "You weren't watching my hands". I remembered after that I went on a mission to learn just that one trick. Not to be a magician, but figure out the answer to the puzzle.

It wasn't until I saw David Blaine on T.V.

I was amazed. So amazed I had a feeling, in the back of my mind, that it was all TV magic. I wanted to spread that feeling of astonishment to all my friends, and I did that by showing them a recorded video of his special.
Doing some research I learned that there was always a trick behind every illusion. And that I too, can do what David Blaine can.

I would say, I truly got into and respected the art form when I learned the art of presentation.

It wasn't the girls nor the fame for me. It was the power of my first spectator reaction. The idea that I have the power to do that to someone, and make them, maybe for a second, believe in magic. Remarkable.
WOW, well said, i got inspired in nearly the same way & i do magic just for the priceless looks on the spectators' faces

D

Deleted member 2755

i dont know ask the Guy that said it
I see it as a bonus
I dont do magic for that

I shouldn't have said I see it is a big problem. I should had thought that post more throughly. However, I do see it as a bit of a problem... Essay and/or video blog coming soon touching on this issue.

-Doug

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
So where is this Essay at
I dont see it as a problem anymore
Maybe you are in it for those reasons too

Jun 24, 2008
Well I'm into magic because one i think its fun to do, but the real joy comes from knowing that yu just amazed someone without them knowing how its done. Magic is also sort of a lo-key kind of art form if you will. What I mean by lo-key is that its somethings the not many average people do or at least do seriously. Because the average person of course knows what magic is but the dont know how to do the actual art form and once you explore it and find out everything that goes into well there you have that the enjoyment at least for me that's why I perform and love magic

How Did You Get Interested In Magic?

Whether there is already a topic on this or not, I couldn't find it, even after using the search thingy. Try is yourself, quod erat demonstrandum (?)

So, who or what got you started in the glorious Art of Magic. An uncle? Grandfather? Dad? Rotting old book in the attic? David Blaine? The Mindfreak person? And and, how old were you...

DISCUSS.

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
The Mindfreak Person

the MINDFREAK person.....my friends told me about him, then i became interested, and i started doing card tricks....then i got more and more interested and i got serious about magic

Jul 27, 2008
Geneva, Ohio
Magicator

My dad got me started on magic when he let me pick a card, then shuffled in the deck and u can visually see my chosen card come out of the middle of the deck literally!!! Few years later i heard about Criss Angel, then i became apart of magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results