Why not a bottom palm?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well i recently bought the Daniel Madison Trilogy and I had heard that he uses gamblers cop very often. Well, i looked trough his notes and i found that most (not all) of the tricks involving the gamblers cop can be replaced with bottom palm. So why not just use the bottom palm? Its a lot cleaner, and has less angle issues. I just don't get why you would use such an angle sensitive palm when you can do a bottom palm.

Feb 12, 2008
This is just my opinion,

Buutttttttttt.....

I think the Gambler's Cop leaves your hand looking a LOT more natural (as far as a relaxed, empty hand at your side is concerned) and open to many gestures that may or may not be achieved in a "natural-looking" way with any given palming move.

Again, it's just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
This is just my opinion,

Buutttttttttt.....

I think the Gambler's Cop leaves your hand looking a LOT more natural (as far as a relaxed, empty hand at your side is concerned) and open to many gestures that may or may not be achieved in a "natural-looking" way with any given palming move.

Again, it's just my opinion - I could be wrong.

I definitely agree with you. That's why I would rather Cop cards than Palm them anyday. Although I still palm when it's required, or fits the routine/effect better.

Nov 8, 2007
I prefer the gambler's cop to a palm as well. Once you start using it you realize it's not as angle sensitive as you first thought. Feels and looks so natural too. One of my favorite moves. Madison really gets a lot of milage out of it.

Feb 12, 2008
I prefer the gambler's cop to a palm as well. Once you start using it you realize it's not as angle sensitive as you first thought. Feels and looks so natural too. One of my favorite moves. Madison really gets a lot of milage out of it.

Absolutely.

One thing I forgot to add to my original post:

For those of us with smaller hands, the Cop is pretty much a gift from God.

May 8, 2008
England

Yeah, exactly. With the cop your hand is in a natural position. As long as you don't make it seem obvious. Don't stand like an idiot. I've lifted my hands with a cop before and got away with it because it's a natural movement and natural gesture. I think it makes a great way to dump a card, control or pull it out your back pocket. :)

-S

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
I use the Gambler's Cop basically because
It feels great
It looks natural
It almost invisible when done right
Works no matter the size of your hands

Feb 12, 2008
I always expect a thread of this nature to make a nasty turn, such as it has.

"If you find it difficult to palm, you're just lazy"

Sickening.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results