Windows Movie Maker - Help!

Oct 22, 2008
So I've been wanting to upload a couple magic videos and maybe even a promo, but when i do magic videos i never have edited one. So I tryed to actually edit a video for once and I used windows movie maker. (Only editing program that comes with my dell.) So the video can be watched from Movie maker but I can't upload the video anywhere else! I can't upload it to youtube or vimeo or ect. So im getting frustrated and i think that someone told me i need to convert it or something. It says on it when i save say: believe by joel pachall it would save it as: believe by joel paschall.MSWMM, and i think that MSWMM is the problem. Has anyone has the same problem editing on windows movie maker or knows how to help? Thanks
-Jake

Mar 3, 2008
What you wanna do is go under "Save" or "Save to computer" I forget, something like that, I dont use movie maker anymore. And you save it to ur computer, then you go to youtube, and press upload, find the file etc.... Hope that helped

Oct 22, 2008
What you wanna do is go under "Save" or "Save to computer" I forget, something like that, I dont use movie maker anymore. And you save it to ur computer, then you go to youtube, and press upload, find the file etc.... Hope that helped

WAIT what editing program do you use than now

Sep 2, 2007
are you on XP or Vista? on XP you click 'file' then instead of just hitting save project, go down lower, it says save movie file. or you can just hit ctrl+P

Sep 2, 2007
it saves it as an .AVI file instead of .WSWMM so that you can put it on youtube.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I had the same problem.

Go to File, Save movie File and save it to your computer and then upload it onto youtube. If you need anymore help just ask.

Jul 10, 2008
Let's take this a step at a time. You should save your "project" as you move forward with your work (editing and what-not). This is so that you can re-work it even after you have wrote it as a video file (ie. AVI, WMV, MPEG). To write it as one of these you must click "save to my computer" under #3 Finish Movie. Another window will pop up and you can choose what type of file you'd like to save it as. You can also tweek the quality to reduce the size allowing you to upload the video to sites with maximum size limits. This will also allow you to upload them quicker. I suggest to create a new folder to put your finished project in and don't repeat names or you could save over a previous video (or the original) or confuse yourself.

Oct 1, 2008
earth
publishing

okay I think i know what your problem is

when you are done editing the video, go to file-publish movie...it should open something up that asks where you want to publish it...click on the selection that says playback on this computer...then when you chose the format, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE AVI, all the others wont allow you to upload on youtube, vimeo, etc. then just publish it

now when you go to upload the video choose the published movie instead of the saved wmm file.

hope this helps
petey

Oct 22, 2008
Thank You every one for their help, and i have finally figured it out and will be uploading videos to vimeo and youtube very soon.
Thanks

-Jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results