Wireless Mic Systems? Speakers?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hey guys...I am not new to magic but have recently done a few gigs where my own mic and speaker system would have been better. Where and what do I want to look for that won't cost an arm and a leg? I was thinking some type of wireless mic like singers use that goes to a speaker or something like that. If anyone can tell me the do's and don'ts of picking out wireless mics...that would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I would check out your local pawn shops Rick. I know the ones around where I live have tons of music equipment including mics and speakers. Not to mention you can get them a whole lot cheaper there than a music shop. Of course they are used so you'll want to test them before bring home.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thanks for the help guys. I have seen some guys that have these all in one unit type deals where they have a little speaker with a wireless channel thing on top of it and then that runs to their little mic on their sports coat. Does anyone know brands or what these would be called?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I think your talking about a portable sound system. This is just the first one that popped up on google. Again, the pawn shop may be your friend.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Have a look on ebay, you'll get some great deals on even new stuff from the ebay shops - I recently picked up a sennheiser lapel radio mic system for about £120 new :)

Speaker wise, it really depends what kinda gigs you're doing I suppose, best bet is to have a look in the online music stores as in the product description you'll usually see "for audiences of 150-300 people" and stuff like that.

Of course it's going to vary on the types of rooms, how full it is, even how many windows, but to be honest, following those guides, you won't really go far wrong!

D.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thanks Dee. We have an IBM meeting tomorrow night as well so I am going to ask around those guys as well. I'll see what pops up on ebay and then check some pawn shops. I am weird though...I hate buying used items. I am pretty set on "new" items. I guess I am just anal about it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results