Wisdom needed

Jul 14, 2008
My name is Rob screen name slyguy27. Ever since I can remember I have loved card magic but until just recently had not the opportunity to begin. If anyone has any helpful tips or advice that can help me be a better performer it would be much appreciated.

Apr 28, 2008
It would help if we knew what stage you are at now. What books and DVD's do you already have? Have you performed for people yet?

Sep 1, 2007
Well, it obviously depends on how much of a commitment you want to make. If you're really interested in cards, I'd recommend getting Card College or The Art of Astonishment, both of which are large investments, but which both contain a smorgasbord of effects and sleights.

If you're looking for a more casual entry, I'd pick up Royal Road or something.

If you're really interested in advanced sleight of hand, grab Expert at the Card Table by S.W. Erdnase (it's free at Erdnase dot com, so you have no excuse).

That wise enough for you?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Royal Road would be good to start off with to learn most of the basics to card magic. I'd stay away from the 1 trick DVD's for now until you get better and know how to handle cards well.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I would recommend taking a look at royal road, expert at the card table (I mean, it is free to view) and learning a few simple tricks, performing them and see how you enjoy it.

If you choose to commit, both card college and AoA series (as mentioned above) are loaded with tons of information, and even taking them one volume at a time you'll be learning more than you might think exist.

Also, just take a deck of cards and play with it. Spend as much time as you can with a deck of cards being shuffled and mingled in your hands. The more comfortable you are with your cards the easier sleights come and the more natural your magic will be.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results