Wish Me Luck!

Early this week I started thread asking for advice for my first gig. The gig is tonight and I just wanted to thank everyone who replied, everyone was very helpful. (props to William Draven, you are so helpful) I have been working on my routine over and over and over all week. I am excited, but a little nervous.

BTW Stigmata is not in my routine, I decided to go with ashes on the arm, however if i am unable to start the paper on fire in the church then stigmata will most likely be done. I did come up with different patter for the effect loosely based on a suggestion from jtmorris.

Anyway wish me luck, and I will post in this thread and let you know what worked and what did not.

The First Thing that I want to say is that is went Awesome. Thank you all so much for your support. If it was not for T11 forums I would never had preformed a show, and if I were it would not have been as good as this one. Let me explain on things went. I showed up at the church and there was a little dance going on for some teenagers (ages 10-18) and there were adults there as well. They stopped the music turned on the lights and set up a table infront of some chairs, everyone sat down in the chairs and watch. The reverend introduced me and i started off by saying...Hello My name is Luka, and before i start i want to make a few things clear. 1. No i do not practice witchcraft, 2. i did not sell my soul to the devil.

I got right into things, during my first trick my leg was shaking alot but after i nailed it I was in the ZONE. I took the chance of preforming some Banachek Bending silverware for the first time. I feel it was one of the crowd favorites.

There is only one tick i did that didnt get a huge reaction, and that was a PK quarter Bend.

In my other thread I asked what I should charge, and I came to the conclusion that I would just do it for a tip/donation. The church gave me a $50 check.

and No i did not do stigmata or ashes on the arm. My set was much larger than what i had time to preform so I skiped a lot of things. I ended with Witness & Indecent.

Once again Thanks to everyone on T11. You guys are great, helpful, and offer some of the best advice. Next Time I will try to record some parts of the show and get some real criticizm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results