Wish me luck

Apr 26, 2013
I know none of you known me but here goes

I have to write this down My dear wife is having surgery tomorrow. and I'm doing to be a wreck
I will have plenty of time on my hands and plan to take a deck with me just to practice some of the mechanics on the blind shuffle.
I'm not aloud to wait in the hospital while she is having brain surgery, so I thought I would wait in the car park and practice practice for about 2 to 3 hours until she comes out of surgery.

blind swivel cut is what I'm going to practice with taped together packets
James

Jul 26, 2016
Our thoughts and hearts are with you, James, and with your wife. Yes, I have found that a deck of cards is a great way to wile away the hours and a diversion from whatever stresses may be happening. My cards are like a friend that accompanies me pretty much everywhere. Well, actually, I guess I have a lot of friends considering all the custom decks I have collected in the past few years. I wish I could say or do something to help ease your burden during this very challenging time. At least I can say that like most of us, I have faced serious challenges in my life and came out the other side - and yes, still laughing and doing magic. Believe in your heart that everything will work out. You and your wife will be in my prayers...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Prayers to you and your wife. Since you are not allowed in the hospital, you may find that performing some simple card effects for people out in the nearby park may help relieve your stress and anxiety and help pass the time. Just an idea.

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra
Apr 26, 2013
Hello my friends
just I quick update, the wife had her operation and was amazed how good she looked after her operation well the cancer is out now and we will know more when we get the lab results in a week or two but all is good and I'm hoping I can take her home tomorrow
James

Jul 26, 2016
James,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I know that you must feel a huge sense of relief! You have our continued support, prayers and good wishes, and please keep us updated...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results