Wither/Shizoid vanish

Sep 24, 2007
HO-ho-ho! peoples of the wonderful world of coins- I have a question to ask you all! (actually 2 questions, but -who's counting?-)

questione Uno: What is the difference between the Apollo wither vanish, and the Ogawa Shizoid vanish? ho-ho?

Questione Dos: What do you recomend for me; Shoot in Hollywood, or your preference of the cultural Xchange videos? I am looking into coins, but a slew of card magic is also OK.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Chicken (hoho!) (i just love saying that)

(if this belongs in the product questions section, sorry. I just posted it here because of the wither vanish shizoid thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Well...Schizoid vanish is essentially the wither vanish, just a routine showing several methods to achieve that same effect.

As for CX vs Hollywood, I think CX has more useful material is it.
Shoot said hollywood was a punishment dvd ~lol
I really like Hollywood due to the hard stuff in it (coz im a tech junkie)
but I think i benefited more from CX.
so yea...I recommend picking up CX rather than hollywood.

Sep 24, 2007
Thanks a lot! again, two questions. HOho!

1. is there a variation of the shizoid vanish that ends clean?

2. which cultural Xchange do you recomend? 1 or 2

-Chicken

HOHO!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island
hey, quick question... where could one learn the wither or schizoid vanish?

also, is there any place to learn Apollo's techniques on pickpocketing? thanks. sorry for being offtopic.

Sep 24, 2007
I don't think Apollo teaches his pickpocketing techniques anywhere, though i'm guessing its just good misdirection, common pickpocketing techniques, and a lot of guts.

- Chicken (HOHO!)

EDIT: i just realized that apollo teaches his watch steal in "Time for a change" lecture notes.

Hiro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
From memory there is a version of the Wither vanish which ends clean on cultural xchange 1, but it's pretty difficult.

I liked cultural xchange 1 better as it has more practical routines and sleights for me.

Hiro

Sep 24, 2007
I saw a video where shoot transfered the coin from j.w. grip to an edge grip. Scott- is this what you're talking about. I saw video on youtube where shoot did a wither vanish and he ended with both hands empty, so is THIS what you'rs talking about?

HOHO!
-Chicken

Sep 24, 2007
Thanks Hiro. I'm just going to cave and get CX1 today. i hope. is shoot shot not the one with the muscle pass? anyway, the video i saw was shoot performing various variations of the shizoid vanish. Search Shizoid vanish and it should be there.

Thanks and HOHO!

-Chicken

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
The one with the edge grip is actually a different routine of Shoot's
can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but it's in his Busters 2 DvD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results