Witness: Alternate Method

Feb 23, 2008
Hello all,

I recently bought witness and although I had already worked out the method it helped me make the moves a lot more natural looking. I thought of an alternate way to do the ending and I'm wondering what you guys think about it.

The method is the same until the person is to return their card. I tell them to put it on the top because we're going to do something interesting with it. I then do the second move, hand the bag to the spectator, take the top card (you can show it to be their card using a simple sleight), and begin to rub "their card" on their hands. Drag it out, ask them if its getting warmer etc...

Then I show them the card I'm holding, and it's magically changed into the Joker, and tell them to look in the bag and their card is now inside.

In the spectator's eyes I think this would be a bit more magical, although perhaps I'm missing something. Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,
Akashic

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Sounds cool, I guess. I may give it a try, but odds are I will stick to the original. Good job on the creative thinking, though!

Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys,

I've been trying this out a lot for the last few days and the reactions are priceless. I've tried both versions out and my ending always seems to get better reactions.

What I do now is put "their card" on top of the bag while they're holding it between their hands and tell them to imagine the cards going through the bag and switching places. Then I tell them to turn over the card on top of the bag and they give a pretty big reaction, then they check inside the bag and they're speechless ;).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results