WITNESS + Angle Zero

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
I know...sounds weird.....but hear me out...

I was trying to come up with a short routine that I can do in about 10 minutes that would be memorable. At first when I thought about combining these two effects I didn't think it would flow when it came down to actually doing it. But after showing this in different areas; airports, cafes, bars....it strangely works really well together.

I've gotten a lot out of these forums and have gotten some good advice by reading your post and people have kindly answered my questions via PM. So I thought I'd give back and post my routine and if it fits your personality, please use it!

WITNESS + Angle Zero Routine

I show WITNESS first and as the spectators are looking at the card in the bag, I'll set for Angle Zero. As the spectators are asking how I did WITNESS, I'll say, "Do you guys want to know how it's done?" They always enthusiastically say yes....and then I tell them, "Most people think that the card just transforms completely...in actuality it transforms one piece at a time."

Usually they'll laugh or say they don't believe that. I'll then say, "You don't believe me...here...let me show you." Before I begin I'll have the same spectator hold onto the plastic bag and place my cell phone over it...just so "no one can get to it". I'll then do Angle Zero and say, "Look in the bag now" and say something like...."Hmm..sometimes I miss"...then do the reveal from my phone.

Like I said, on paper it doesn't make sense because you're not doing any kind of "transforming" in Angle Zero. But for some strange reason, the reactions are better than if I showed the effects separately.

Important subtlety: The key to combining the two effects is the way I have the spectators select the card. I use the same method so it looks as if I'm just showing them how WITNESS was done. It's a very subtle thing, but it's important in stringing these two effects together.

Take it easy.

Baller

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I know...sounds weird.....but hear me out...

WITNESS + Angle Zero Routine

"Most people think that the card just transforms completely...in actually it transforms one piece at a time."

When you said this, I thought of Believe by Joel Paschall. I think it would actually work out - a bit better than using Angle Zero, because not only can you use the line of transforming a piece at a time, but you can visually show it, a piece at a time.

You'd have to change around Believe's patter a bit - but it would work. I should try it!

Thanks for the awesome idea Baller!

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
Great...now I have to go get Believe. Thanks a lot, Gustavo!

No..really...that's even a better idea. I don't know how to do Believe yet but that's on my list.

The original idea was combining WITNESS and Distortion. But with Distortion (if you know the effect) it kind of has to stand on its own cause of the handling. However, if you can combine those two, that would be the most awesome dual.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Haha, no prob. Yea, the distortion duet might be an awesome idea - but I dont see how it would be feasable...

*mutters under breath "unless you had Danny Garcia's ninja skills"*

Believe is quite an easy trick, when it comes down to it, and Joel is an awesome teacher ;), so I say it's a must have. It was my second T11 purchase!

guy

Sep 1, 2007
tampa fl
www.myspace.com
Haha, no prob. Yea, the distortion duet might be an awesome idea - but I dont see how it would be feasable...

*mutters under breath "unless you had Danny Garcia's ninja skills"*

Believe is quite an easy trick, when it comes down to it, and Joel is an awesome teacher ;), so I say it's a must have. It was my second T11 purchase!

its true.......one can only achieve this miracle if only one had such ninja skills as danny

May 19, 2008
manchester
well you could use distortian and witness, so youve done witness - do *a* move, get the person to put the card between their hands, shake another card wizz bang pop it changed to the first card in the bag "it must be magic" :)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Ill try to - but i have to put in some practise first. My Fluourishing video will be up soon though - look out for that ;)

May 4, 2008
NYC
yo sounds like a cool idea
i've tried d+M's BURN to do a corner reveal in the bag after doing angle zero, and its awesome. I'm still practicing on the routine, but I think the concept is cool

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
make a video, the idea is cool, dont exposed, only perform two effects

Preatoritevong (im so sorry - I can never spell this correctly the first time I try...Kinda like my last name:p) is right, i was replying to Darkanel, and you, blahblah, just posted a milisecond before me ;)

Ill try to - but i have to put in some practise first. My Fluourishing video will be up soon though - look out for that ;)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I've combined Distortion and Witness before as in 6 of diamonds in the bag between their hands, 4 of diamonds in your hands, swap places. I don't use it too much but it works. The advantage being that you don't need the *coughs loudly* you need in Witness. Just try it out, it makes sense.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
HA!

me: "Okay so...look at the six, you see it? I swear! those pips are moving!"
dude: "uhhh...dude, its still a six..."
me: *thwack the dude over the head* "Can't you see?"
dude: "Are you alright? maybe I should call someone...?"

I fonly I could Randomwrath, If only I could ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results