Witness - Lee Asher

Jul 22, 2008
Hillsboro, Oregon
One of my first purchases from T11. For a little background I've been performing for more than two years, which for me is a long time. I've got some experience under my belt.

The Video:

Shot in high definition, pristine quality and sound! I got the dvd, so I can't speak for the download, but if the dvd is any indication, the quality of the download would be fantastic as well.

All of the important angles are shot clearly, which is really the most important part of a teaching dvd.

The Teaching:

I love Lee's personality. It's engaging, welcoming, and friendly. He covers all the nuances of the trick, and adds personal input which will help build my performances of this effect.

Overall:

Witness is fun to perform. I've done it for people a few times and I get great reactions every time. Because of how simple the effect is, I really felt good about doing the trick because I was able to put so much energy into my performance instead of constantly focusing on whatever advanced sleight I had to do next, and in my opinion that's how all tricks should be.

Witness is definetly worth the money! It's easy enough to be good for beginners. The setup is quick, but not something you'll want to do in front of your audience. The reset is, well, the setup. There's no gimmicks to worry about so you can set this up days in advance and nothing will wear out. Advanced performers will love this effect because it gives them room to, well, perform! I'd say this trick is 1/4 sleights, 3/4 performance. It gets great reactions! The only downside I can think of is that there's only one performance on the dvd. Props to Lee for the amazing trick!

7/10 - Good!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Awesome review man. :) Not incredibly long (like mine would normally be) and not too short. Glad you enjoyed the DVD. :)

-Doug

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The review was lacking for me. Where did you talk about the actual effect? That's what you're reviewing. Granted, you are also reviewing the teaching, quality, etc., but what you're mainly reviewing is the effect.

I want to know about Setup, Difficulty, Reset, Gimmicks, all that good stuff.

Check out my review for Witness to see what I mean, and update yours.

Jul 22, 2008
Hillsboro, Oregon
I'll add on a little more detail, I suppose. I'm not going to add what the effect is, though. If people are looking for a review of the effect then they already know what the effect is and posting it again is just a waste of space.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'll add on a little more detail, I suppose. I'm not going to add what the effect is, though. If people are looking for a review of the effect then they already know what the effect is and posting it again is just a waste of space.

You're not making any sense. I said review the effect, not tell what it is. Talk about things like Reset, Gimmicks, Impromptu-ness, Difficulty, things of that nature. That's generally what people look for in a review.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
How about instead of posting a review of what you saw...

Post a review about what it was like to try WITNESS for the laity. Were you confidant? Did it work? Were you able to properly present it without any hesitations or mess-ups? etc. etc. etc.

Just a thought...

Asher

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
How about instead of posting a review of what you saw...

Post a review about what it was like to try WITNESS for the laity. Were you confidant? Did it work? Were you able to properly present it without any hesitations or mess-ups? etc. etc. etc.

Awesome idea, Lee! I think I'll be going to The Dark Knight this evening, so I'll see if my Step-Mom would be game to film me performing Witness, maybe Believe. You can critique me and tell me what I'm doing wrong, right, what needs a little bit of tweaking, etc. If it gets your seal of approval, I'll post it on YouTube/Vimeo.

Anyways...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results