Witness or Indecent

Hello, please ensure you read the forum rules over.

I would choose indecent, simply put its a better effect in my opinion. Both are GREAT effects and both will wow spectators but in my opinion Indecent is the better effect.

In terms of being able to both, the methods are revealed on seperate DVDs and are in fact different. You may get sparked on an idea of how to do one from the other, but if you want both tricks you should just support the creators and purchase them.

Thanks

Trent Halliwell

Sep 2, 2007
Witness. It's so easy and amazing. I learned it from thinking out loud and it;s SO aesome/ but you'll get this response here, and Indecent at ellusionist. you need to ask this at a non-store Fourm (Like blacksmagicgroup)

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Well, in all honesty those two tricks are very different animals that require different things. The only two things that they have in common are that...

- They involve zip-lock bags
- They use cards

Let's talk about what these effects actually are.

With Indecent, you are getting a great effect that involves one card melting through the plastic of the bag and being the only card on the inside of the bag. That one card just so happens to be the selection of the spectator. (If done correctly, hah.)

With Witness, you have yet another great effect where you already have a card inside of the bag. But, the kicker is that the joker inside of the bag transforms into the selection of the spectator in their own hands. (Yet again, if done correctly. =P)

If it were me, I would choose Indecent. Then again...that is just my personal choice for my own reasons.

I just want to say that both of these are great effects that WILL get your reactions. I have both of them, and I'm very pleased with them.

I hope this helps you in some way.

Shane K.

Sep 4, 2007
I don't have witness but I know Indecent and it's horrible. Don't waste your money on it. It should be illegal to market a product as horrible as Indecent.....ninjas. Also with witness the magic happens in the spectator's hands. They will remember it more than Indecent. So get witness not indecent.:D

Nov 17, 2007
I don't have witness but I know Indecent and it's horrible. Don't waste your money on it. It should be illegal to market a product as horrible as Indecent.....ninjas. Also with witness the magic happens in the spectator's hands. They will remember it more than Indecent. So get witness not indecent.:D
Why did you think Indecent was so bad? That is one of my favorite tricks to perform. It KILLS! If I had to choose between the 2, it would be Indecent hands down. But Witness is great too, but I think Indecent is just better. Srry Lee, but that is my honest opinion.

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I would personally go with Indecent, mostly because I myself love the effect, and use it all the time, and it's such a good thing to have an effect involving a card penetrating a ziploc bag being impromtu. Magic really can't get much better.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I have both, and I love both. However, I can see myself performing Witness more often than Indecent. Why? Because you are too dirty in the middle of Indecent to perform it in school... and that's where I perform the most. However, with Witness, you are pretty much clean the entire time.

However, they are both great effects, but are absolutely nothing alike... not in effect, not in method. So, the choice is yours, but I would personally go with Witness... just to reiterate.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It entirely depends on when and where you like to perform. Indecent is an amazing effect (one of my favorites), but it has certain limitations that you cannot change.

In my opinion Indecent is a more impossible effect, but Witness is much cleaner and not as difficult to pull off.

If you are quite confident in your audience controlling abilities and you have confidence in your abilities as an artist, go for Indecent.

On the other hand, if you would prefer an effect so simple you an focus on the peformance entirely, go with Witness. The only downside to Witness is that it calls for set-up that cannot be done in front of the spectator.

Either way, you have an amazing effect in your hands.

//David.Misner::

Dec 8, 2007
Witness

Wintess in my opinion is the better trick. And Indecent is kinda good, but I wouldn't buy since it is first of all EXPENSIVE!

Witness gets the best reactions.

Sep 3, 2007
Indecent is the best so far.. its great and impromtu. I love it. Its such an smart idea.

Witness seems excellent too, I wish I can afford it.

D

Deleted member 2755

I like both, however I can only do Witness. There is a move in Indecent is sadly not possible for me. However, the majority of people can do it, and in my opinion it is great for while sitting down at a table. Personally, I never performed it, but it seems more like a table trick to me and you will get great reactions. Plus yes, it is completely impromptu.

As for Witness, it is great. Do it for huge crowds. The move is rather simple and you will be doing it for people 1-2 hours after learning the effect. Wonderful. It's not impromptu, but still in my opinion it is better than Indecent, and angles are nothing to worry about in this trick.

Go with Witness, that's just my opinion.

-Doug

Why not just combine the two?

A card penetrates a bag: it is not the chosen card, but rather the Joker. "Well, after all, Jokers are wild cards, so technically it could represent the card you have selected. Or you could hold onto it for just a second..."

Then the card changes to become their selection.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results