Witness

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Part of the impromptu definition it says with little or no setup. This "little" could probably be said as impromptu.

Didn't Asher have an effect similar to this in one of his books? Just curious, because if I recall, I believe that you would be able to simply place the card into the bag in performance, thus making it entirely impromptu, provided you had, or could borrow, a bag.

P.s. for me, "impromptu" requires that everything used be un-prepared before hand (preparing under heat is fine) and everything being used is un-gimmicked prior to performance. Again, gimmicking in performance, or using a regular item as an impromptu gimmick is, imo, acceptable.

Just because you always have your ITR on you does not make the floating bill impromptu. Certainly MORE impromptu that usual, but not truly impromptu, imho.

P.P.S. Not that any of this post script matters or is truly relevant to Witness, I guess.

P.P.P.S. Any additional p.s.'s after the initial p.s. (post script) require an additional "P," not an additional "S." As in POST post script, meaning after "post script," or POST post post script, as in this one. An additional "S" would be post script script which doesn't really make any sense. Again, not relevant, just something I was reminded of when adding my p.p.s.'s

Sep 3, 2007
It is indeed an effect which Asher has released previously and I believe he does or at least did sell them at his lectures.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Hola everyone,

Thanks for all the interest in Witness.

Yes, it uses a zip-lock bag.
Yes, this is something I've done at my lectures if you've seen me live.
Yes, it's been in a set of notes before under the name Deuce Bag.
Yes, it has no gimmicks.

This is the first time my piece has been shot on video. Every nuance and detail has been filmed by WH and DH to ensure you're going to learn it, and more importantly --- perform it.

While I won't reveal too much about the pre-release, I'll just say to keep you're eyes focused on theory11 for more juicy details.

Guaranteed you'll love to perform Witness!

Thanks for asking guys.

Asher

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I thought so. I do not really know where I heard of Duece Bag though, as it certainly was familiar, but I have never seen Lee lecture. Then again, it could have Been Mo who mentioned something.

Sep 1, 2007
Boston, Ma
excellent, i love the effect Deuce Bag, so learning each and every subtlety will be quite enjoyable and will only makes the effect and performance that much better :D

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Hola everyone,

Thanks for all the interest in Witness.

Yes, it uses a zip-lock bag.
Yes, this is something I've done at my lectures if you've seen me live.
Yes, it's been in a set of notes before under the name Deuce Bag.
Yes, it has no gimmicks.

This is the first time my piece has been shot on video. Every nuance and detail has been filmed by WH and DH to ensure you're going to learn it, and more importantly --- perform it.

While I won't reveal too much about the pre-release, I'll just say to keep you're eyes focused on theory11 for more juicy details.

Guaranteed you'll love to perform Witness!

Thanks for asking guys.

Asher

Come to New Zealand and do a lecture you big teddy bear

I would say this was the highlight of the lecture when i saw Lee a couple years back, i remember because he performed it to me. I was so fooled. it was great. Lee's lectures are unique, you must go see it. When he taught this effect, he made everyone follow along, and handed everyone zip lock bags that they could keep and practice the effect as much as they liked and ask him any problems if they had any. A Top magician, with a top trick!

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
yea.....................back then in summer 06, Lee blew the whole crowd away with Deuce Bag just the same in the Hong Kong Lecture.......

and now that the news is out, magicians down here are actually getting mad for having this publicly released on video......

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I posted this in a wallpaper thread already, but if anyone digs it, see attached for a cool wallpaper graphic...
_

Attachments

• witness-1024x768.jpg
    witness-1024x768.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 102
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results