Working magicians and pressure.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Yes i know, another pressure thread.
But i was wondering how many professional, or working magicians will be using this effect at a gig?

I would love to hear from some of you guys who have alot of experience.

I have a gig April fourth, and I was hoping I would have it down by then so I could use it to put my cards away.
Like but my cards in the balloon, and when I get a false look I say
"It keeps the moisture away, and keeps them clean."
When they look weird act like its normal.
lol.
But I dont think I will. I might, just as an ender to put my cards away, if I do, I will post back.

Feb 2, 2008
i am afraid this is too obvious
anyone perform it yet to spectators

i would definitely like to hear what the reactions were like
were they more puzzled or amazed bc in the live footage some specs looked confused

Like I said, this isn't something I see myself performing constantly at a show or my restaurant, but maybe if I got called back over to a table again, or I was doing a bit of stand-up before a strolling gig. I already have several ideas to make this a more lengthy routine for about 30-50 people, give or take. So yes, I do see myself performing this, but not all the time.

Best.
Steve

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You could do it for table hopping stuff. Tho I would only suggest that this becomes something for like a special VIP or somebody. Otherwise it'll lose it's touch and you'll run out of balloons.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I can see myself building it into a bigger routine, or using it in certain walkaround situations. The only real downside is having to carry a bunch of balloons. However, the venues I'm in it wouldn't be a big deal.
I don't know how it will play for a larger group. I will probably try it out this Wednesday and Friday to some more spectators.

It doesn't exactly come with an engaging routine or anything, so I will need to create one to make it more interesting, and to find a reason to put a phone into a balloon. But it's a fun impromptu effect for sure.

J

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I've been using it in my walkaround sets. It works great. DON'T BE AFRAID to perform this kinda stuff. It'll fly right over people's heads if done right.

Confidence is number one. All you have to do is believe that what you are doing is real, feel that it's real and your body language will convey this.

Check out my thoughts on composite perception on the tapestry forums @ mindlapse for further thoughts on this kinda stuff.

D.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
I'm not a "working" magician. But after spending a day practicing Pressure I took about 20 balloons to the pub with me on Saturday night....I didn't pay for a single drink.

Reactions were off the charts! And it's also alot of fun to perform!

Cheers,

Lloyd.

P.s. Side effects can involve severe hangover.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I've been using it in my walkaround sets. It works great. DON'T BE AFRAID to perform this kinda stuff. It'll fly right over people's heads if done right.

Confidence is number one. All you have to do is believe that what you are doing is real, feel that it's real and your body language will convey this.

Check out my thoughts on composite perception on the tapestry forums @ mindlapse for further thoughts on this kinda stuff.

D.

Ive never been to mindlapse? What exactly is that?

sorry if thats s stupid question

Jun 2, 2008
Yes i know, another pressure thread.
But i was wondering how many professional, or working magicians will be using this effect at a gig?

I would love to hear from some of you guys who have alot of experience.

I think pressure is more of a casual effect that would be good to do to your friends or street magic

I dont want to say too much but if your doing it in a resturaunt then you need to watch out for that "Weak Point ;)" as alot of the time you get people from other tables trying to see what your doing and well i hope you get what im saying lol.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Been using it casually for two days now. Blows everyone away.

Will use it in walkaround at the bar this week.

Again, I put this in another thread, but try doing it with the phone on a live call.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
I am going to try it out in my stand up act this friday with Short Bus Comics. (Anyone in the vegas area wanna come see the show?) Gonna use my friends alternate clean-up handling where you can inflate the balloon and the phone (Or whatever) stays inside. Wheeee!!

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
I just did a gig at my local Benihana restraunt, and I am 13 so don't tell me you cant get gigs:D, and I did PRESSURE in my routine and everyone freaked out. And to answer somebodies question, no it is not obvious. I did it for my 7th grade class, which is probably the most heckling audience you will ever have, and nobody figured it out as long as you do it up to speed!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results