Worst Way You Broke a Deck/Trick

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right, the other day, the missus and I were doing a food run for everyone helping us pack for our move. We had everything together and we made a sharp turn to get onto a busy street. The turn startled me and I dropped a sweet tea all over a deck of Bicycle Rhapsodys that I lost 3 days prior. Ouch.

We've all (probably) done it; we messed up an entire deck of cards or ruined a trick of some sort. What's your story?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I bought a brand new deck for a competition once. While I was practicing I cut my finger with the cards and bled all over the deck. It left a blood stain across all the cards, I have a paper cut and had to use another deck with a band aid on my finger.

Jan 28, 2014
I'm a bad magician, or to rephrase, I'm not a magician. however I practice magic and every so often I perform an effect. now, when I mess up, whether or not they notice, I tend to lose my temper... and on more than one occasion I've sprang/thrown my whole deck into the spectators face. not something i'm particularly proud of, but angry me will start fights over nothing and won't care till I cool down.

I now avoid performances, going as far as to be mean when asked what im doing when i practice publicly. seems to start less fights han my explosive temper. (I already know i'm crazy, you don't need to say it. i was just telling my story)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I was at Wataburger one time, practicing with cards as usual. I started chatting with the lady about it and ended up showing her a couple things. There was a young boy watching as well. My deck-in-use at the time was Bee Erdnase Expert At The Card Table cards.

I was actually getting my food to go, just killing time while I waited. I hadn't planned on performing, especially not with these. BUT it happened anyways, and I was being careful to ONLY do magic in the hands with them. No way I was setting them on the counter.

Then the boy piped up and said he knew a magic trick that he wanted to show me. I knew where this was going. But I'm a nice guy. And the lady wanted to see the trick.

37.4 minutes later he finishes the 21 card trick that didn't work and hands me back a stack of bent, sweaty, sticky-from-the-damn-counter cards. Totally not even usable. I haven't had a deck of those since. :( R.I.P.

Aug 4, 2014
I was at Wataburger one time, practicing with cards as usual. I started chatting with the lady about it and ended up showing her a couple things. There was a young boy watching as well. My deck-in-use at the time was Bee Erdnase Expert At The Card Table cards.

I was actually getting my food to go, just killing time while I waited. I hadn't planned on performing, especially not with these. BUT it happened anyways, and I was being careful to ONLY do magic in the hands with them. No way I was setting them on the counter.

Then the boy piped up and said he knew a magic trick that he wanted to show me. I knew where this was going. But I'm a nice guy. And the lady wanted to see the trick.

37.4 minutes later he finishes the 21 card trick that didn't work and hands me back a stack of bent, sweaty, sticky-from-the-damn-counter cards. Totally not even usable. I haven't had a deck of those since. :( R.I.P.

This is probably the saddest story I've ever heard. Really.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results