Wynn Gaff Cards

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
If this is the same person who graciously gave a nice sample set to Morrissey's Magic in Toronto, then I have seen the cards (and I actually own one)...and let me tell you.....PHENOMENAL WORK. The cards are incredibly crisp, and look unbelievable.

I have a blue wynn back / red bicycle back card.

Anyone can go to Morrissey's and tell Dan or Phoebe that Phil sent you :)

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have made many double backers / facers......some using the dry mount stuff that this guy uses, and it's HARD to do properly....since the fronts and backs slide easily, and the heat from your iron would melt the ink on the playing card not to mention the surface.

I give these gaff cards 99% out of 100.

Again, all of this is IF it's the same guy who gave some to Dan at Morrissey's.

I have made many double backers / facers......some using the dry mount stuff that this guy uses, and it's HARD to do properly....since the fronts and backs slide easily, and the heat from your iron would melt the ink on the playing card not to mention the surface.

I give these gaff cards 99% out of 100.

Again, all of this is IF it's the same guy who gave some to Dan at Morrissey's.

Haha, could be some random trying to rip us off...

Dec 14, 2007
There is a man named Gary Plants who does amazing card gaffs. Send him whatever cards you need them made in, tell him what you want, and he will make them. Double backs, double faces, split cards, hofzinzer cards, shimmed cards, pretty much anything - he is one of the finest gaffed card makers in the world.

Brad Henderson

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
There is a man named Gary Plants who does amazing card gaffs. Send him whatever cards you need them made in, tell him what you want, and he will make them. Double backs, double faces, split cards, hofzinzer cards, shimmed cards, pretty much anything - he is one of the finest gaffed card makers in the world.

Brad Henderson

Don't forget Marty Grams, hands down the best!!!

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I've got Marty's The Art of Card Splitting DVD....and his method is phenomenal. I don't know why, but my cards get pretty ..... um....limp....quickly. They don't have that awesome smoothness that Jeremy's gaffs have (then again, it's not using the dry mount)....

does initial card condition matter? The dvd suggests using a brand new card to split, but when you split it, you're bendign it and warping it.....so does using a new card really matter?

Aug 31, 2007
Marty's method is much easier, but the sacrifice is the cards don't feel "proper" (rubber cement method). Not too big of a deal, though. Dry mount is tougher but the cards feel normal.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I don't like using gaffed cards unless they are Bicycles. If laymen see you change a card into a bizarre gaff, then they will think it is gimmicked. Using Bikes diminishes this possibility because everyone knows the Bicycle design.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results