XB or Everythingelse?

May 22, 2008
Glendora,CA
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to ask if the Flourishes 101 section on the Everythingelse DVD on The Trilogy would teach me as much as XB? I'm pretty sure XB teaches more but some of the moves look like De'vo-ish moves. I really like De'vo but he isn't my style. I'm more into cuts, armspreads and aerials rather than doing random crap with cards. Is the Flourishes 101 section an ok start or do you guys ABSOLUTLEY recommend XB? Responces would be great! Thx in advance.

Oct 11, 2007
XB, it has a variety of material on it, and if you are new that is what you need to start looking like you do magic, the most important part of magic is the seconds in between the magic that make you look professional. I prefer XB to everythingelse and i do own both.

Oct 26, 2007
toronto
Just take Dan and Dave, practice until you can do it... personally flourish is harder to learn from a book then magic, watch some youtube video learn some basics, and watch the pros until you realise how they are doing those moves and copy copy copy :p.

one more thing, don't walk around with deck of card, unless you are good, otherwise peopel think you are wierd ;)

Aug 31, 2007
UK
You would be better off getting the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes, it teaches ALOT of material.

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have a good feeling i'm misunderstanding you guys... does encyclopedia of playing card flourishes teach basics?

A lot of things in XB are in the encyclopedia. The encyclopedia teaches a lot of basics. Fans, simple one and two handed cuts, arm spreads and catches, giant fans etc. It's a little pricey, plus it's a book. It's been said before that it's easier to learn from a DVD so it's your call.

The flourishes 101 section on the trilogy is nothing special in my opinion. I knew most of the flourishes already. The teaching is not very good either. There are no words or talking. There's just music playing. If you are just starting then I do not recommend this as your first DVD on cardistry.

I say go with XB. It's not as expensive as the encyclopedia, and the teaching is a LOT better than on everythingelse.

hope that helps

-Kevin

No no no... I'm new to cardistry. Where should I start? I'm sorry I should have clarified?
The encyclopedia has both beginner and advance flourishes. But if you don't have xb then go for it first, then the Encyclopedia.
It's been said before that it's easier to learn from a DVD so it's your call.

-Kevin
Well yeah if you aren't that good at reading. It depends on the person. Someone that reads everyday will have an easier time learning from a book then someone who hated reading.

Apr 28, 2008
If you're a beginner to flourishes don't get Everythingelse, the teaching in the flourishes 101 section is very poor and I seriously doubt a beginner could learn much from it.

I would recommed either XB or The Encyclopedia, both of these teach the basics but The Encyclopedia has many advanced moves in it as well.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
WIthout owning Everythingelse, it seems to me that Flourishing 101 isn't aimed at beginners - rather, it's more like a crash course for intermediates who may have missed out on slightly easier flourishes and don't want to buy a DVD just to learn that one move - so they go over it quickly with the intent of giving an explanation to intermediates rather than beginners.

I second what is appearing to be the general consensus, material wise I'd go for Encyclopedia, but if you'd prefer to learn from a DVD, which is completely understandable and preferrable for many if not most, XB is definitely a very good source.

lance_amini

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2008
Bahrain
XB is not worthit you can buy them both and you decide i would take everythiung else i regreted buying the XB everything worth it

lance_amini

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2008
Bahrain
Let me guess you are an intermediate or advance at cards and you bought the dvd. Well obviously the dvd was made for people who haven't even touched a deck of cards and want's to learn xcm.

i bought it cuz i was a beginner i didn't finish it all i bought everything else which is way better has more stuff almost every move a beginner needs and even more XB is made in fun way and very simple in 1 months i own the moves almost all of them but in my opinion its not worth it i can show you my XB right now you will see nothing but dust
i regretted it cuz i hope it has much more moves than i thought (XB)

lance_amini

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2008
Bahrain
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to ask if the Flourishes 101 section on the Everythingelse DVD on The Trilogy would teach me as much as XB? I'm pretty sure XB teaches more but some of the moves look like De'vo-ish moves. I really like De'vo but he isn't my style. I'm more into cuts, armspreads and aerials rather than doing random crap with cards. Is the Flourishes 101 section an ok start or do you guys ABSOLUTLEY recommend XB? Responces would be great! Thx in advance.

go for DnD if you dont like DEVO arm spread is something that you can learn by practice i didn't use any DVD or book to learn it i saw them doing it and i did the same

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results