Yigal Mesika's Invisible Thread

Jan 11, 2008
france
I just got this in the mail, and the second i saw it i was severeley dissapointed.

I took it out of the packet and noticed i could clearly see the thread. i thought it was perhaps many threads wrapped together, but it was a single thread. I was hoping maybe after playing with it abit i would like it, but no. Yes it beconmes invisible the more it stretches, yes it is ridiculously elastic, but if i compare it with my home made invisible thread mine is much more suited, my home made one is certainly not as elastic but it is more invisible and easier to handle.

The only thing i can do with these is make loops, but i dont like loops.

I feel like i wasted my money, but then i thought perhaps his invisible thread doesnt work with my particular set up. I use the leclair animator, people who have this invisible thread what set up do you use? or do you just make loops?

I had a look inside the box and there is a set up included, but similarly to loops, it uses an obvious hand movement which is presicely why i dont like loops

any thoughts or advices for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 11, 2008
france
Actually when you purchase Loops its the same stuff so yes it does look like Loops I recommend purchasing the Loops DVD set from E to get you started.
Hope this helps.

Shane

thankyou but i dont think you quite understood what i meant...

as mentioned above i do not like loops.

D

Deleted member 2755

I just got this in the mail, and the second i saw it i was severeley dissapointed.

I took it out of the packet and noticed i could clearly see the thread. i thought it was perhaps many threads wrapped together, but it was a single thread. I was hoping maybe after playing with it abit i would like it, but no. Yes it beconmes invisible the more it stretches, yes it is ridiculously elastic, but if i compare it with my home made invisible thread mine is much more suited, my home made one is certainly not as elastic but it is more invisible and easier to handle.

The only thing i can do with these is make loops, but i dont like loops.

I feel like i wasted my money, but then i thought perhaps his invisible thread doesnt work with my particular set up. I use the leclair animator, people who have this invisible thread what set up do you use? or do you just make loops?

I had a look inside the box and there is a set up included, but similarly to loops, it uses an obvious hand movement which is presicely why i dont like loops

any thoughts or advices for me?

Were you in bright lighting? I bet you that Yigal's thread is stronger than your home mead thread. ;) Put it over something with a pattern and I bet you won't notice it.

About what you said with obvious hand movements.... I have to entirely disagree. Why do you think people love loops so much? Also, when doing the haunted pack, I simply put my hands to the side of the deck and tell them to wave their hands over it. I do the same thing if I make someone's glasses rise. Loops are amazing, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just disagree strongly with you and I feel you should get the loop DVDs to try them out. They are great. I've had my uncle think I use magnetic cards. I also allowed him to search me for any magnets or any other gimmick. He was amazed. :D The Haunted Pack is my favorite effect to perform.

-Doug

Jan 11, 2008
france
Were you in bright lighting? I bet you that Yigal's thread is stronger than your home mead thread. ;) Put it over something with a pattern and I bet you won't notice it.

About what you said with obvious hand movements.... I have to entirely disagree. Why do you think people love loops so much? Also, when doing the haunted pack, I simply put my hands to the side of the deck and tell them to wave their hands over it. I do the same thing if I make someone's glasses rise. Loops are amazing, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just disagree strongly with you and I feel you should get the loop DVDs to try them out. They are great. I've had my uncle think I use magnetic cards. I also allowed him to search me for any magnets or any other gimmick. He was amazed. :D The Haunted Pack is my favorite effect to perform.

-Doug

I find the leclair animator has a much more magical look to it, with loops most the time an object will animate with the move of the hand. Laymen are aware of the existance of invisible thread, when loops are used some of the more intelectual spectators will immediately understand what is going on. However the leclair animator is a very original set up that laymen would not think of. The possibilities with the leclair animator i feel are more diverse than the ones with loops. Everything one can do with loops can be accomplished via the leclair animator (such as the haunted pack mentioned earlier), but not everything done with leclair can be accomplished with loops.

its hard for me to explain fully, but at the end i guess its a matter of opinion, just wanted to clear up why i dont like loops. I have to say though that the practicality of loops is amazing, this almost inclines me to using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 18, 2007
I like Loops but I don't like Mesika thread. Sure it's strong, but it's way too thick. I'm finding Infinity thread stripped down to it's slimmest strand is too thick for me too, so now I'm looking into PET2.0 since I do simple levitations that require invisibility over strength.

Looks like you wasted your money dude. :/

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results