Your favorite themed acts

May 10, 2012
The title says it all. What are some of your favorite themed acts. Weather it be a specific notion or something more broad I'd love to hear it.

I've been working on a themed comedy act for the past 6 or so months and it's really made me appreciate just how difficult it can be to structure an act with all the material to bond together under one theme. I'm still not quite satisfied or even done yet with mine.

Do any of you guys/gals have acts close-up/parlour/stage with a running theme throughout all of the material or presentations and what themes would you love to see in an act?

:D

–Olie

Do you mean your putting together a comedy magic set? Like Pete Firman kind of thing? Or is it like a history of comedy?

I'm working on an Alice in Wonderland themed show at the moment and have a carpenter making a small door for me!

Simon_Magic

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Do you mean your putting together a comedy magic set? Like Pete Firman kind of thing? Or is it like a history of comedy?

I'm working on an Alice in Wonderland themed show at the moment and have a carpenter making a small door for me!

Simon_Magic

If it's still available, Mark Wilson had an awesome girl through mirror piece listed at MagicAuction a while back, that could maybe lead you down another side of that tale (of course, there are other "walking through mirror" type bits as well).

Depending on how big you may wish to go, there was a certain critter in those stories known as a Jabberwocky . . . maybe you should find footage of Shimada's Chinese Dragon effect and think of this big bad monster at the same time???

Feel free to PM me should you have any questions.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
When it comes to "Theme Acts" the Classic Comedy Acts have to be;
The Great Tomsoni & Co.
Kevin James & The Adams Family
Carl Balentine
Liz & Tommy Tucker (the funniest Code Act on the planet)

When it comes to Contemporary Artists;
Kevin James still gets ranking
Gamarjobat
These Guys (can't find their name)

Understand, I'm listing "Acts" not specific performers; these are actual routines, many of which work as a complete booking unit within a variety show.

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
Completely off topic but I thought it was worth bringing attention to:

Thank you Craig Browning for the numerous advices you shared on this very board. You are the most knowledgeable and sharing person here. Thank you for educating the youth. I appreciate every post of yours.

Thank you.

May 10, 2012

Simon_Magic

That sounds like an awesome show!

What I meant was I'm working and performing a magic show that is themed. Not a history of comedy.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Oliver. . . I and I know of several others who've played with the Alice in Wonderland theme. Needless to say, you're talking about something that's big budget and big stage to do right. If however, you are able to do such a project via a Drama Class/Club at school and rely upon their resources (set building shop class, Arts department, etc.) I'd be more than glad to brain storm with you and help you create a "Magical Wonderland" . . . that would include puppets as well as illusion.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Completely off topic but I thought it was worth bringing attention to:

Thank you Craig Browning for the numerous advices you shared on this very board. You are the most knowledgeable and sharing person here. Thank you for educating the youth. I appreciate every post of yours.

Thank you.

Thank you for your kindness, it's just my job these days.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results