Your favourite magic quote

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Hi Everyone

I am working on an instagram project with great quotes from magicians and thought I would check in here to see if people had any favourite quotes or even fav interviews for me to read through to find a good line or two. I am trying to line up 52 of them, it isn't too hard to find things on past masters but I'd love to have an equal amount from more current people as well.

If anyone from Theroy11 happens to read this and could help me out with some inspirational lines from any of the Theory 11 artists it would be awesome and I would make sure to use some Theory 11 cards in the photos.

Looking forward to hearing anyones favourite quote and if you happen to be interested in what I'm doing the link to my instagram is in my signature.
Thanks
Colin

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Neville Maskelyne 1908 preceding General Murphy by 40 or so years. He wrote Murphy's Law before Murphy wrote Murphy's law!

"everything that can go wrong will go wrong. "

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
I just finished editing this photo. I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted, because it is more comedic, but it's my favorite magician quote.
upload_2017-6-7_4-43-8.png

I'm not sure when/why/where he said it, he just has it on his website.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-7_4-41-34.png
    upload_2017-6-7_4-41-34.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 82
Jun 14, 2017
"You'll like this, not a lot, but you'll like it." ~ Paul Daniels.
"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini.
"In magic, today as always, the effect is what counts. The method or methods used are always purely secondary." ~ Dai Vernon.
"If your sleight of hand causes you to break eye contact with your audience, it is too advanced for your skill level." ~ Jeff McBride.
"The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful." ~ Doug Henning.
"Never apologize, it's all part of the trick." ~ Harry Lorayne.
"Please select a card. No I don't have to see the card...I've already seen this trick..." ~ Michael Ammar.

Reactions: Theris and 010rusty
Feb 18, 2015
A Large Action Covers A Smaller Action-Dai Vernon
What the eyes see, the heart must believe-Vernon
"A Magician is an Actor Playing the part of a Magician"-Robert Houdin

Feb 26, 2017
United Kingdom
James Randi: "Magicians are the most honest people in the world. They tell you they're going to fool you, and then they do it."
Teller: "Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect."

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I remember posting this on a Chris Ramsay YouTube video a while back...ahh here it is
"Art lies in the performance. Not the secret." - Chris Ramsay 2017
Lol 117 likes!

Reactions: FrostireSam
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results