Your 'go-to' deck

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I'm sure that we all have a deck in our stash that's broken-into and trusty for flourishing in a pinch. I am curious as to what that deck is for you.

For me, it's my trusty NoMads. Had the same deck since last April, broken-in, and works like a dream when I need to work on the knacky stuff.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jan 29, 2015
Blue tally ho's. I've been using them for the past 9 months and they still handle like a dream!

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Red bicycle... not that it's my favorite, I just can't stand the colors of standard faces anymore...

This is the deck is use at the office. It will only fan on Monday, after drying over the weekend. I have been using it for like 7 months, not even washing my hands beforehand. I recently cleaned the edges on the faces and backs to remove the oil and dirt... I thought about just breaking in a new deck (they cost me around 1,50$CAD each), in fact I also have a new deck in my desk, but the worned-in-one is in a state that feels just right: cards are softer and stick well to each other, edges have smoothed out, some over-crimped cards... perfect for packet cutting and flicker shot practice. The perfect poop deck!

At home, I keep a bicycle in the kitchen, but the Virtuoso SS15 is gradually taking its place... The more I just it, the more I like it...

Reactions: MichaelS11287
Mar 7, 2015
Blue Tally's work fine for me. I bought a deck 4 months ago and it still handles and fans great.

Mar 14, 2015
Washington
Green Monarchs are my go-to's, can't beat them in quality and durability, however my favorite to use are my Blue Sealed Bikes.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
do the monarchs handle differently than any other theory11 deck? I'm collecting decks that have different feels

Up to this point, the Monarchs handle just as well as any other deck that T11 has made. It's just different aesthetics is all--especially the Gold Monarchs. The foil doesn't interfere with anything and looks fantastic. But as for feel? I feel a bit of a difference between them and my many decks of double blank gaff Bicycle decks (the blank gaff decks feel rougher).

Reactions: lolhammertime
Up to this point, the Monarchs handle just as well as any other deck that T11 has made. It's just different aesthetics is all--especially the Gold Monarchs. The foil doesn't interfere with anything and looks fantastic. But as for feel? I feel a bit of a difference between them and my many decks of double blank gaff Bicycle decks (the blank gaff decks feel rougher).
Okay, cool. I'm planning to buy some decks tomorrow at my local magic store and I need your opinion on what to buy (I can only get 2):
Medallions
Contrabands
Monarchs
What would you pick? Thanks in advance

Jun 29, 2015
Okay, cool. I'm planning to buy some decks tomorrow at my local magic store and I need your opinion on what to buy (I can only get 2):
Medallions
Contrabands
Monarchs
What would you pick? Thanks in advance

I would recommend the Monarchs, hands down. I have Medallions and Contraband, but I haven't begun to use them very much. I will say that Monarchs are beasts of cards and my first deck still works well after months of usage. I would even recommend getting two Monarch decks as opposed to two different decks.

Reactions: lolhammertime
If you're going for aesthetic, get Contraband. Not sure about the second pick though.
I would recommend the Monarchs, hands down. I have Medallions and Contraband, but I haven't begun to use them very much. I will say that Monarchs are beasts of cards and my first deck still works well after months of usage. I would even recommend getting two Monarch decks as opposed to two different decks.
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll get 1 Monarch deck and 1 Contraband deck. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results