Your Inner Child

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
"You're just denying your inner child" - Charley Calvin (The Santa Clause)

What's up T11, I just got this awesome idea from watching The Santa Clause. Near the end, Charley said the quote above and it got me thinking...back when I was little I used to think up some of the most amazing things and let my imagination take over. After some reminiscing, it got me thinking...if all of us could take a minute and go back to our childhood days, what were some things that you can come up with using your imagination? Take a couple seconds and think about it. Don't scroll down until you do...

Got it? Now how can you apply what you just came up with into magic? For example, when I was little I used to sit on a rug and pretend to be riding on a magic carpet like in Aladdin. Now how cool would it be to be on a stage (or even out in the open), you unroll a rug and sit on it. All of a sudden, the rug starts floating and then it flies you all around the venue that you're performing in. That sounds like a typical thing a child would imagine, but it works. Anyway, I thought it would be cool for everyone to share the ideas that you all come up with. So fellow T11-ers...get to it!

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Produce an inflated red balloon from apparent thin air, hold on tight and float?

That's a start. Remember Winnie the Pooh when he blew up a red balloon to float up to the beehive to collect some honey? Or when Mary Poppins opens her umbrella and flys away? You can apply these to magic by taking the actions that these characters did and using them for a levitation...similar to the magic carpet.

Sep 16, 2007
Orlando, Fl
How about Mary Poppins bag of everything. It would be cool if a magician walked out onto an empty stage with only a suitcase and pulled all his props out of it. His table, his mic stand,everything for the whole show, and at the end put it all back in and walked away.

Nov 12, 2007
okay, imagine a magician comes up to you and tells you to look up at the sun for just a second, then their hand covers it from your eyes, and asks you to watch one last time, and when you look, the sun is nowhere to be found and with a wave of the magicians hand, it's back...

i actually came up with a simple way of doing this, but it can only be performed for one person...

anywho, this is my favorite creating method, think of something that you would LOVE to see and figure out how to make it happen.

okay, imagine a magician comes up to you and tells you to look up at the sun for just a second, then their hand covers it from your eyes, and asks you to watch one last time, and when you look, the sun is nowhere to be found and with a wave of the magicians hand, it's back...

i actually came up with a simple way of doing this, but it can only be performed for one person...

anywho, this is my favorite creating method, think of something that you would LOVE to see and figure out how to make it happen.

Derren Brown did that :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvyHH3C3Gds

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results