Your Thousand Timer

Feb 19, 2013
I am going to start performing magic at my local restaurant/bar soon.

I am relitevly new to magic and I have heard the term 'Thousand Timer' and just thought it would be interesting to hear some of yours!

Hopefully I will find mine out soon!

Thanks,
Angus

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I am going to start performing magic at my local restaurant/bar soon.

I am relitevly new to magic and I have heard the term 'Thousand Timer' and just thought it would be interesting to hear some of yours!

Hopefully I will find mine out soon!

Thanks,
Angus
I've never heard of that expression, can you explain what it is?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I've never heard it either so it is new terminology to me as well.

I think (using my extremely developed mentalism skills), that it has something to do with a trick that you do (did) a thousand times, aka. your favorite trick to perform maybe? Something like that... Or it could be something completely different :)

Feb 19, 2013
I think (using my extremely developed mentalism skills), that it has something to do with a trick that you do (did) a thousand times, aka. your favorite trick to perform maybe? Something like that... Or it could be something completely different :)
Correct, your skills seem to be very well honed!!!
It is a trick you always perform and one you have taken the time to master :) Sorry for not explaining :)

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Ahh my thousand timer is a fond memory. She's a classic. Beautiful like a piece of art, royally amazing some might say. The girl I did it to literally fainted in a room full of people. Coin unique.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Correct, your skills seem to be very well honed!!!
It is a trick you always perform and one you have taken the time to master :) Sorry for not explaining :)
I should play the lottery..............................................not!
Anyways, I have like thousand of Thousand Timers (see what I did there?). Invisible Deck, 3 Card Monte (couple of versions), Chicago Opener, Crazy Man's Handcuffs, Dr. Daily's Last Trick, Fairytale Frogs, Duplicity... Probably couple more, but those will suffice ;)

Jan 29, 2011
The District
Mine is The Last Trick of Dr Jacob Daley.
I've probably performed it close to a thousand times (no exaggeration) in the past 12 years. If asked to "do a trick" then 9+ times out of 10 that's the trick I'll do.
Four cards from the deck is less intimidating than 54 (I keep my Jokers) for a first trick with strangers, and easier to follow I feel.

I can do the actions in my sleep. But I vary the pace and some in-line joking depending on my audience; as well as potentially 2 follow-up phases depending on how attentive/interested they are. [When I was tending bar a few years ago for a couple of years, I encountered a large variation in attention spans you know!]

So for me, it's simple to execute, and becomes all about my performance and inter-play with whomever I'm performing for. Perfect! =)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results