Dangerous - Unveiled Teaser 002 + W:H 1-on-1 Update

Oct 6, 2007
Everyone must realize that Theory11 is not just advanced 'magicians', or people who already have an extensive knowledge in sleight of hand.

NO, the Bluff Pass is NOT easy to figure out, and is very convincing. IF it wasn't it wouldn't be used anymore, but it is. Also, theory11 wouldnt sell anything that they know is worth it.

I'm not sure about the permission, but Le Paul's Bluff pass is a very good control to use. It is great for a 1-on-1 and the price is perfect.

Remember- the 1-on-1 section is not just for advanced magicians. It's for beginners too!

When I saw the title of the 1-on-1, I had two reactions. First, I thought that the 1-on-1 was going to be about the Paul LePaul Spread Pass. Also, this goes to T11, I think that you guys should stop posting other peoples sleights and effects in the 1-on-1 section w/o permission. It is unethical and will give you guys a bad name.

Sep 1, 2007
When I saw the title of the 1-on-1, I had two reactions. First, I thought that the 1-on-1 was going to be about the Paul LePaul Spread Pass. Also, this goes to T11, I think that you guys should stop posting other peoples sleights and effects in the 1-on-1 section w/o permission. It is unethical and will give you guys a bad name.

What the hell are you talking about? Who said they didn't get permission? And even if Lepaul is dead, its no different then teaching the double lift.

Dec 22, 2007
The 1 on 1 section is just for small tricks and sleights only. The Le Paul pass is perfect and the price is definitely worth it. I love the le paul pass and I use it a lot. Maybe some people just don't want to buy Indecent or another video for more money just to find the Pass.
PS: Wayne uses Jerry's??? What's the deal with that? Hey Wayne!! Send me those Jerry's!!!

why do you want jerrys?

D

Deleted member 2755

I didn't even realize it's the same thing he taught on Indecent. :p I completely forgot I even knew how to do this... This just further proves that I need to write down these sleights that I know....

-Doug

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
I just think its a little tight to be so mean to those youtube kiddies who try and explain the tricks and sleights to us, when we think its okay for magicians from magic companies to do it. I mean, if a youtube kid exposed the bluff pass, they'd get a lot of (guff) from us, yet when someone else does it, its ok, and its even ok for them to make us pay as well.

Dec 22, 2007
I just think its a little tight to be so mean to those youtube kiddies who try and explain the tricks and sleights to us, when we think its okay for magicians from magic companies to do it. I mean, if a youtube kid exposed the bluff pass, they'd get a lot of (guff) from us, yet when someone else does it, its ok, and its even ok for them to make us pay as well.

true that.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Le Paul Bluff pass is kind of like a double lift, it is so old, you don't really need permission to teach it, there are so man other resources on it, an extra one won't do any harm. As long as t11 gives credit to Paul Lepaul, the they haven't done anything wrong.

As for the dangerous teaser, most of the tricks can be found in his lecture notes...

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

This really doesn't make any sense at all.

The YouTube kids aren't selling the stuff, which makes it wrong. Simple.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Yeahh, but only those who really wanna learn it will pay for it.
If youtube exposes a trick, anyone could just look it up online and blab to everybody how you did it.

Prices protect our industry.

Sep 1, 2007
Really, my problem with youtube is the lack of quality. If there were a dedicated group of magicians who actually knew what they were talking about and taught sleights in a professional manner, I would be fine with it. I still think it would be good to ask the creator, but if it's somebody like Dai Vernon or something out of Erdnase, it is OK. The problem with youtube is that the people posting are not dedicated to the material or to magic. It's not about trying to improve magic for them. It's really more about their own image.

So the fact that T11 is making high-quality tutorials for sleights is cause for celebration (yay, party...). The artists here are working to improve our art. It's for us, not for them.

Apr 28, 2008
So if i made an in-depth, good quality video revealing trilogy tricks, it would be ok?

No it would not be ok, revealing tricks from the Trilogy is obviously completely different to revealing a very old commonly used sleight.
Revealing Trilogy tricks means that Dan and Dave will lose money, revealing the bluff pass doesn't make any difference to anyone as the creator of it is dead.

As for theory 11 selling sleights for money, in my opinion you aren't really paying for the sleight itself, what you are paying for is high quality instruction from a professional who will show you all the subtlelties of the move you won't get from a youtube video.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results