Dangerous by d+M : Release Contest & Details

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Over the past few days we've seen numerous posts in the forums regarding details of the Dangerous project. All of these questions will of course be answered at the time of release on Friday, but I wanted to take the time today to provide some additional details.

Dangerous is a two volume DVD set. Volume I is entitled Mystique (magic); Volume II is entitled Motion (flourishing). Each disc is over 75 minutes in length, jam packed with material. The Dangerous shoot was one of the largest undertakings we have set out on since launch, and we are extremely satisfied with the end result. This is a project that represents the definitive work of d+M, and it was our goal in production to make sure that the instruction of both the magic and flourishing content was unparalleled and true to d+M's trademark style.

So what's it going to cost? The full two-disc DVD set will be priced at $49.95. Each disc has it's own unique cover art and case, and yes - if you'd like - you can purchase them separately as well (just like the Trilogy). Purchasing the set gives you a bit more of a discount, though.

The Dangerous Release Contest is simple and direct : 11 random members who order within the first HOUR of release on Friday night (11:00pm EST) will receive a signed copy of d+M's Lethal DVD - no longer in print. These are the last 11 copies of the original production that Madison has in possession, and this is the original footage that inspired it all. Each Lethal disc has a signed Golden Nuggets playing card within - a perfect collector's item.

Another question we have seen come up is regarding content. I spoke to d+M this afternoon to discuss the exact details on the final set list, and I have included it in this post. A lot of the content in the flourishing disc is all new (never before published), and of the remaining contents, most have been in some way improved, evolved, or developed to another level. Is some of the material in Lethal? Yes. But this is not a republishing - this is an anthology of d+M's work - past and present.

The instruction quality is beyond comparison. Each flourish is taught with vocal instruction, on-screen text, multiple camera angles, and extra tips shared by Madison. We wanted to do everything we could to make sure that you can learn everything in this set.

Two separate preview videos will be posted at the time of release on Friday - one for Mystique, and one for Motion. All of your questions will be answered at that time. For now, the countdown begins...

d+M . Dangerous . Mystique

Bad Influence | Aces | Angle Zero | Catch
Color | Half Vanish | Heritage | Lapse
Focus | Role Play | Breach

d+M . Dangerous . Motion

4sybil | Sleepless | Turnover | Downfall | Aries | Lethal | Lethal X
Guardian | Snap.d | Mayhem | Fly | Stone | Symphony | Cylinder
Bicycle | Diabolique | Twisted Rain | Twisted Rain 2 | Sybil in the Rain
Drop Sybil | Sybil Helix
_

Sep 1, 2007
Sweet. I'm definently getting this. CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I win a copy of Lethal, that would be awesome. Hopefully Surfaced doesn't come out right after, because I want to get that too. One things for sure, I'll have a lot to practice over the summer.

Nov 17, 2007
Ah. I must say, I'm a bit disappoined. I was going to get it but 50 bucks is a little steap. And, when I read the contents, I know more than half the stuff on it. I know ya'll said they are UPGRADED but I still don't know if it is worth it. Plus, I really want to get Smooth Operations. Hmm....

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
Sweet. I'm definently getting this. CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I win a copy of Lethal, that would be awesome. Hopefully Surfaced doesn't come out right after, because I want to get that too. One things for sure, I'll have a lot to practice over the summer.

Why does it really matter if Surfaced comes out, couldnt you just wait a little longer either way your going to have to wait, you know what I mean

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Sounds cool, but I hate when a contest is random like that. I prefer something creative. If I do get them, it won't be for a while. I'd like to pick up Motion because i want to expand on my flourishes, but Mystique sounds awesome as well.

The summer is going to be tough for me... Smooth Operations, Surfaced, S&M, and Dangerous. That's like... a ton of $$. Time to find me a job...

David

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think I'll only be purchasing Mystique because I know most of the flourishes on Motion. $50.00 for both is a bargain and couldn't be happier with that price.
Although I am wondering what are the effects in Mystique before I purchase it.

I thought that this project would be around $75 honestly. Is it because there's no color?

Kidding by the way.
;)

D

Deleted member 2755

I won't lie, I am shocked at the 50 dollar price tag, but in a good way. Theory 11 has been hyping this for a few months now and has been releasing teasers. Once I heard that there were going to be two discs, I thought to myself "I can't wait to see the price. It'll be hilarious." I actually thought T11 wasn't going to release the price so that people would buy it out of pressure in the moment. I think that 50 bucks is a pretty fair price for this. However, I doubt I'll be purchasing this at launch. There are some books I want to get first.

-Doug

Sep 4, 2007
ANgle Zero is not a clock stop, it is a corner from a playing card to anywhere. Its taught briefly in One and not original with Madison though. Lapse is one of my favorite routines, a card to pocket type routine. Heritage is a poker thing that is pretty nice. Im only mad about the repeat effects, but i still may get it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results