A quick change

Oct 6, 2007
I stumbled across this quick color change:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdxNhd_7u3M

Tell me what you think. Improvements? Suggestions?

If anybody has seen this, or something similar, please notify me and I'll make the neccessary credits.

I haven't researched if this has been done, so I'm not calling it 'my creation' until I'm sure it's original.

So again, if this is not something new, please tell me.

Nov 6, 2007
That's a nice change. It's not "original" per se, but I liked the convincers you added.

As for crediting I have no idea.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
its very similar to a method used for a gaff trick.its the one where you move the four of diamond pips one by one with a gaff deck.i noticed how you did it second time i watched it.

Oct 6, 2007
its very similar to a method used for a gaff trick.its the one where you move the four of diamond pips one by one with a gaff deck.i noticed how you did it second time i watched it.

Anyone that watches a video many times could eventually figure it out- especially a quick performance like mine (I can spot some flashes myself). And also, there wouldn't be a 'second time' in real life eh? :D

Thanks for the comments though! I appreciate it. The sleight I use actually was inspired by the one taught for the Pip Matrix effect. But I used it to create a color change.

Thanks for the comments again, I really appreciate it.
Keep 'em coming!

What's in "September" is a double color change by Aaron Fisher, guys.
It can be found in the effect "Hit the Road", published in his FISM 2003 Lecture notes.
Incidentally, a modified version of it can be seen performed in Lee Asher and R. Paul Wilson's video; "Hit The Road", by Aaron himself.

Allan.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
This is just the Merlin tip over Change.
And do not do that convincer showing the bottom card of the uppper half, it doesn't work.

Jan 23, 2008
Yeah Don't show the bottom first it was the jack of hearts and then it changed into the king of hearts so it completely ruins the trick

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't think it's bad at all. It's a subtelty that will fly right by people- especially if you just use something like the red Kings- instead of two different value cards. Joel Givens uses this concept twice in "Session". Great book... I highly recommend it.

Oct 6, 2007
Thanks for the advice about showing the bottom card guys.

But you do realize that people can't tell the difference in real time right?

They can't 'pause' the trick like you can on a video- which is probably the way you guys could see it.

Thanks anyway.

SO overall- out of 10, how original is the change?

Oct 6, 2007
This is just the Merlin tip over Change.
And do not do that convincer showing the bottom card of the uppper half, it doesn't work.

I also wouldn't say it's just the merlin tip over change.
That sleight by itself doesn't achieve anything, or so the spectator thinks so. It's more of a utility move.

It's used in the ACR as another way of placing the false card into the middle.

However, what I've done here, is use the same principle, but twist it so it becomes a color change.

Many sleights, changes, etc. use the same moves as others, but are slightly modified to achieve something else.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results