DnD's New Website & The Vault

Nov 1, 2007
ok... that's why I said ironic was the correct word... perhaps you need the dictionary friend.

From Merriam-Webster: Characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is; "madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker"; "it was ironical that the well-planned scheme failed so completely".

So you tell me how Dan and Dave's servers crashing would be at all ironic.

Dec 22, 2007
From Merriam-Webster: Characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is; "madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker"; "it was ironical that the well-planned scheme failed so completely".

because everyone wants to see the site, and that constant want for it is the people's downfall because their constant looking is what's causing the site to not show up.

Feb 23, 2008

If a site crashes of opening night because everyone is trying to get on it, and no one knows what's really happening... sounds quite ironic to me.

May 2, 2008
because everyone wants to see the site, and that constant want for it is the people's downfall because their constant looking is what's causing the site to not show up.

I bet you can't put all 10 of your toes in your mouth at once. If you have 10 toes... O.O

Nov 1, 2007
Actually, a constant refreshing of a site by hundreds of people, leading to the site's servers crashing, is much more expected than ironic, but I won't argue with you people.

Sep 1, 2007
From Merriam-Webster: Characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is; "madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker"; "it was ironical that the well-planned scheme failed so completely"

incongruity between what is expected and what actually is: expected: that countless reloading and reopening of the page will somehow lead to the website. What actually is (or potentially could be): that the server crashes because of so many reloads and reopens.

Though I never said the server did crash, I just mentioned, off-handedly and light heartedly, that it would be curious if the whole thing just crashed due to all the anticipation. I am honestly done with the semantics discussion, and as Jon is so fond of saying: Back to the magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results