Flourishing helps magic?

Mar 20, 2008
Indiana
I don't want to start anything bad but does anyone think that starting out in flourishing will help improve magic? I think that flourishing would help with being able to handle cards better and improve your sleights. Does anyone else agree?

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Becoming more proficient at flourishing means that you are gaining more control over the cards- That's a given.

So yes, I believe that some flourishes will improve your finger/hand dexterity, speed, and control, thus improving your ability to execute certain sleights.

May 8, 2008
England
I think so too. I started up flourishing because it looked fun and it just seemed a cool thing to do, no audience needed :p
And yes my overall handling has improved :)
-S

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Becoming more proficient at flourishing means that you are gaining more control over the cards- That's a given.

So yes, I believe that some flourishes will improve your finger/hand dexterity, speed, and control, thus improving your ability to execute certain sleights.
I couldn't agree more. Flourishing is obviously much more difficult in execution than the majority of card effects. Not only does flourishing compliment magic well (and vice versa), but it would certainly play a role in improving dexterity, speed, control, and so forth - as well. At least, from my personal experience.

I just wish I could master half of the material on Motion. Ha.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
I couldn't agree more. Flourishing is obviously much more difficult in execution than the majority of card effects. Not only does flourishing compliment magic well (and vice versa), but it would certainly play a role in improving dexterity, speed, control, and so forth - as well. At least, from my personal experience.

I just wish I could master half of the material on Motion. Ha.

Look at Jon, advertising on his own forums ;)

Yeah... I wish I could flourish like some of the people on here. (Dan, Dave, Andrei, Daniel...)

D

Deleted member 2755

I cannot do a single flourish from the flourish disc on the Trilogy. I learned A LOT from the flourishes 101 section on the EVerything Else disc, but from the flourishes disc... NOT A SINGLE THING!

So far from Motion, I have down: Sybil in the Rain, Turnover, Lethal, Lethal X, and almost Twisted Rain

Dangerous teaching so awesome. A beginner flourisher like me can do an advanced cut like Lethal. :) It's awesome.

-Doug

bd

Jun 26, 2008
I cannot do a single flourish from the flourish disc on the Trilogy. I learned A LOT from the flourishes 101 section on the EVerything Else disc, but from the flourishes disc... NOT A SINGLE THING!

So far from Motion, I have down: Sybil in the Rain, Turnover, Lethal, Lethal X, and almost Twisted Rain

Dangerous teaching so awesome. A beginner flourisher like me can do an advanced cut like Lethal. :) It's awesome.

-Doug

Haha, nice!

I can do the molecule 4... sort of. And I can pull off a slow sybil.

I'm going to bed and practicing the one-handed revolution. Yeah, seriously. :/

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I think it is true that flourishes can help improve your magic sleights. But card manipulation is even more better for improving sleights than flourishes...

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I think flourishing does help magic. When I just started magic, my sleights were pretty bad. After a few months, I started flourishing and my sleights improved way faster.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results