theory11 update : White Centurions + A Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I've talked to Zach about it, and no, it wasn't random. I'm not going to post the conversation, so don't even ask. But it wasn't random, and I don't completely agree with the reasons they were "cent". See what I did there? :D But, I'm happy that Zach's enjoying them, and I'm not going to hold any grudges over it.

Feb 12, 2008
Ok, first off, I'm pretty new to these forums. Anybody can look at my post count and make that out pretty quickly. I don't really know anything about Zach or his videos and all that jazz.

That being said....what I DO know is that it appears he has made in-roads and gotten in cahoots with some of the higher-ups at this fine establishment called Theory11.

To me, LIFE is all about creating relationships and not at ALL about what's "fair" or "isn't fair."

If Zach has forged such relationships and has gained the respect and admiration of the head-honchos around these parts, then he has DEFINITELY earned a bonus every now-and-again.

If you have a problem with that, then don't support the site or its adminstrators.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

No disrespect to anyone.

P.S. I'm gonna be waiting at my computer tonight from 7:30 on. WHITE CENTURIONS WILL BE MINE.

Sep 1, 2007
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Uhhhh What?"

Its not too big of a deal, kid got a deck of cards. We're not talking about LIFE here, we're just talking about some silly deck situation, no need to make it more than it is.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Ok, first off, I'm pretty new to these forums. Anybody can look at my post count and make that out pretty quickly. I don't really know anything about Zach or his videos and all that jazz.

That being said....what I DO know is that it appears he has made in-roads and gotten in cahoots with some of the higher-ups at this fine establishment called Theory11.

To me, LIFE is all about creating relationships and not at ALL about what's "fair" or "isn't fair."

If Zach has forged such relationships and has gained the respect and admiration of the head-honchos around these parts, then he has DEFINITELY earned a bonus every now-and-again.

If you have a problem with that, then don't support the site or its adminstrators.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

No disrespect to anyone.

P.S. I'm gonna be waiting at my computer tonight from 7:30 on. WHITE CENTURIONS WILL BE MINE.

I agree... to an extent. I can't really say why, because I told Zach our conversation would remain private, but I am happy that he's a "friend" with JB, and got a deck before anyone else. Good for him. But I just can't fully agree with your post.

Feb 12, 2008
I agree... to an extent. I can't really say why, because I told Zach our conversation would remain private, but I am happy that he's a "friend" with JB, and got a deck before anyone else. Good for him. But I just can't fully agree with your post.

Sure, everybody has their own opinions :shrug:

I just didn't wanna see a kid gettin' ragged on for making some pretty fortuitious headground, you know?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
well im gonna throw out a guess and say that T11 sent them to him so he could make a video. ;)

No. There are much better flourishers they could have sent them to if they just wanted a video (No offense Zach- we all know I suck at flourishing!). I know the reason, but I's forbidden from saying.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
If it was honest to God random, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, I'm 90% that it wasn't. Zach has told me before that JB has told him he likes his videos, all that. Oh well... nothing against Zach... just doesn't seem fair to me. But whatever- we'll all get our chance tonight. 'Cept me, because I won't be here! :p

I'm not going to appreciate something I didn't get. :rolleyes:

The decision to give away a free deck was random, not the person it was going to. - appreciate that.

Who knows, maybe the next time something similar like this shows up, someone else might get something special.:)

Sep 1, 2007
Well said? Well said? You and I both know that deck wasn't sent at random. I'm not going to get all mad, not going to start a fight, but your kind of lying. I won't say why the deck was sent, but it wasn't sent out to him "randomly"

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Well said? Well said? You and I both know that deck wasn't sent at random. I'm not going to get all mad, not going to start a fight, but your kind of lying. I won't say why the deck was sent, but it wasn't sent out to him "randomly"

I'm saying the "idea" of giving out a free deck to 1 of the members was random.

Once they had that idea, they then decided who they want to give the deck to.

That's why I'm saying that people should appreciate the fact that T11 just gave away 1 of the decks for free to 1 of it's members.
Just because it wasn't you this time doesn't mean it won't be next time.

Do you follow?

villusionist

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2008
I'm gonna add my two cents here, I don't think it matters who got them, how, or why. Most of us seen them on chris kenners blueprint 1 on 1 and then knew they existed, so I think all of the marketing with them was done already. I didn't even know some kid got them until this thread, so its probably irrelevant.
I think its more important that any release of a white version of centurians only furthers the potential of the original design and widens the options of tricks that can be done with them. I mean thats why were here right? Illusions? Cards? I don't collect them, I'll use them. I don't want one or two decks to use sparingly, save, or sell overpriced on ebay. I'd take a bunch.

So the release window is a great idea, good luck to those who try. (I actually won't be able to) Instead i'm gonna hope T11 uses the ability they have to recreate this counterpart for a second edition. Yeah, sign me up for a brick.

v

Sep 1, 2007
I'm saying the "idea" of giving out a free deck to 1 of the members was random.

Once they had that idea, they then decided who they want to give the deck to.

That's why I'm saying that people should appreciate the fact that T11 just gave away 1 of the decks for free to 1 of it's members.
Just because it wasn't you this time doesn't mean it won't be next time.

Do you follow?

okay, misread a little bit there...

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Of the 3 to 4 members that received a deck in the mail this week, none asked for them, and none knew they were on the way until they were already sent. We didn't ask, we just sent them as a surprise gift, on the house.

We appreciate all of you guys that support us - it means a lot to us - and it's not unusual that we go a little bit out of our way to show it, whether that means a little extra TLC in support or some free gifts sent out on the house from time to time. It's not the first time we've done it, and it's certainly not the last. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results