NEW 1on1 clips

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Guys,

First off, thanks for all the great comments on the 1on1 section. This is one of the sections of the site that we're most excited about as well. I did find it funny that one person called the 4for4 switch "cute". My puppy is cute. Especially the way she moves her little head and likes to roll around on the floor, and we wrestle together and laugh together and snuggle and that little gleem in her eyes. Sorry I got sidetracked there for a sec; damn I love that dog... Card moves are not cute. Well... maybe Cardtoon® is cute but that is a trick not a move.

Anyway, we are very excited to keep bringing you everything from a tutorial on simple counts all the way to some knuckle busting flourishes. It is a very big project for us since we want to keep our production value up the a high standard. Now that things are starting to settle down we are going to get in a groove and try to move this section along as quick as possible.

This is going to be an evolving process and we are going to want you help to make it work, so if you have any feedback or suggestions on what kind of things you want to learn, feel free to let us know.

Chris Kenner

Sep 1, 2007
I think the 1on1 idea is great.

I think you should have a seperate 1-on-1 forum with subforums of requests and comments. And obviously a good moderator will be needed to remove ambiguous requests. Just a thought ;)

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I'm going to love the 1 on 1's. I'm still trying to get the 4 for 4 move down, but it'll come.

Can't wait to see some new card passes.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Well, I don't mean to be a jerk here, but...with all due respect, isn't $4.95 a but overpriced to learn a 4 for 4 packet switch ? :confused: I was thinking it would be more like $2.50-3.50

Aug 31, 2007
I have a few good double lifts that I currently use, but I often hear people saying that they use a Strike Double Lift. This is one move that I don't have in any of my dvds or books. Plus, most people don't give decent instructions on how to do it at all.

I'd rather not buy an entire video to learn it, so a 1 on 1 video would be perfect.

Sep 1, 2007
Hi Chris, may you go into more detail what is 1 on 1??

Is it like webcam tutorial or is it something like penguin magic online download stuffs??

Thanks

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Houchini,

Nice name by the way. I am not sure if you purchased the clip or not but there are quite a few extra tips in there and the quick trick at the end is well worth the price alone. It will seem like an obvious application of the move, but it flies right past most everyone.

I think it is a pretty good deal considering other sites are charging $9.95 for moves with very little production value. All of our clips are shot in HD with multiple cameras, and-- whenever possible-- taught by the creator instead of a "stunt" magician.

Certain moves are very hard to describe in print, and I would have loved having something like this when I was starting in magic.

Chris Kennerini

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Im not entirely sure exactly what i'd like to see...

Maybe some obscure sleights or one's that are not widespread.
I really am not sure what though butI think you'll all do a great job anyway.

Oh I wouldn't mind a vid on bottom, missle and second dealing.

Sep 2, 2007
Dealing missiles is hard... you generally need a silo. And at any rate, false deals are something no video can really help with much. Its all about reading and experimenting with grip.

I like this idea actually. Usually all this Instant Download malarky gets to me, but with good sleights this could be very useful.

+1

Sep 1, 2007
austria
i really like the 1on1 videos. i've already purchased 4for4 and schwing, and i think both videos are worth the 5 bucks.
although the 4for4 is "only" a sleight/utility move and not a real trick in itself, it's very useful and i've already thought about some nice ways of getting it my routine.
in my opinion the whole style of the videos is very good, when you're watching them it really feels like the name already says, 1on1.
finally what makes it even better to me is that i like chris kenner, and his whole style of explaining the tricks and he really seems like a nice and funny guy on those videos.
get r done!

(ouch, that really sounded like some serious a**kissing :D)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Yes, I was the one that called this move "cute".
I also mistakenly called it a "trick".

I was on wrong on both occasions, and would like to appologize.

EDIT: Wait, I don't think I was the guy...

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sidrohc

i just ordered the 4for4 and its not working with quicktime ...........and the support team is taking long to get to me . did anyone else have this problem
That happened for me too. Go to quicktime.com and get the latest version of it.
I thought I had the latest but I was wrong. Hope it works!

S

sidrohc

Hmm. I would just install quicktime again anyway because sometimes there are little upgrades and whatnot. :cool:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results