A pros. review of Guardians... Justin N. Miller

So like all of you I was awe-struck with the preview of these cards. So here is an honest review of Theory 11's...The Guardians.

First, you need to know that I lecture and perform at conventions so right off the bat I ordered 144 decks due to the sizes of my audiences. I used to use NOTHING but Viper cards from E in my all my lectures and if you have seen The LOOPS DVDs you know I was very fond of Vipers..Until I met the Guardians!

Now I know there are a plethora of you who do not like these cards and have gotten some clumpy issues (I love puns) with your Guardians. I am sorry for you all who have experienced this. My experience has been different though.

The biggest problem I found with these cards is that you HAVE TO GET USED TO THEM. We all have been use to so many other designs and cards that when you open a box of these cards they WILL FEEL TOTALLY DIFFERENT..thats ok..if you give them a chance (and not just 6 hrs) they are sure to grow on you. When I opened my first case last night I was extremely pleased with the card case..very, very cool design. I am a Christian so I LOVED the Waring Angel motife..GREAT JOB GUYS!

But I have to tell you when I took the cards out of the box I was like "ah, man Just bought 144 of these puppies..are you kidding me?" Because of the new feel of the cards are way different than a bike deck or a tally-deck (at first) then I started to play with them..they fan, spread, riffle,pass,control and everything else I could do to them just GREAT! Like I said you HAVE TO GET USE TO THEM, they WILL grow on you..I promise.

So I started my first test..LOOPS. Now even though their white border is very striking to the dark Grey and black back design, I found that with a small bit of audience management you can do ANY AND ALL LOOP effects with the Guardians no problem. Its like using LOOPS with a blue deck with white borders, the blue hides the LOOP very well, well with the Guardians you have a black back design so it hides it perfectly.

Second test..The Cloak. So if they do not stand up under this test I am done with them (at least for lectures). Guess what? They pass with FLYING COLORS!

To those who said " I played with them for 6 hrs straight and they started to clump up" um mm yea, ANY deck that is played with for 6 HRS Straight is going to do some major clumping because of the natural oils from our hands, you see it starts to create moisture and then they begin to stick to each other. Listen if you haver a deck of cards in your hands for 6 hrs straight..STOP IT! Seriously put the cards down and go read a book. It is absolutely ludicrous to think that the cards will not show some elements of cause and effect after 6 hrs. Now to solve the clumping issue get your self a porper card clip (the best there is) and put those puppies (guys PLEASE do not pm me about putting puppies in a card guard) in there for a night and when you wake up (you do sleep right?) in the morning they will be good as new.

Also you guys might have just got a bad batch..it happens. But do not give up on these cards they are GREAT CARDS IF you get to know them.

Justin N. Miller

Sep 4, 2007
Utah
Great review man... I was hesitant about getting them with the other reviews. With Justin being who he is... I'm ordering now.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
So like all of you I was awe-struck with the preview of these cards. So here is an honest review of Theory 11's...The Guardians.

First, you need to know that I lecture and perform at conventions so right off the bat I ordered 144 decks due to the sizes of my audiences. I used to use NOTHING but Viper cards from E in my all my lectures and if you have seen The LOOPS DVDs you know I was very fond of Vipers..Until I met the Guardians!

Now I know there are a plethora of you who do not like these cards and have gotten some clumpy issues (I love puns) with your Guardians. I am sorry for you all who have experienced this. My experience has been different though.

The biggest problem I found with these cards is that you HAVE TO GET USED TO THEM. We all have been use to so many other designs and cards that when you open a box of these cards they WILL FEEL TOTALLY DIFFERENT..thats ok..if you give them a chance (and not just 6 hrs) they are sure to grow on you. When I opened my first case last night I was extremely pleased with the card case..very, very cool design. I am a Christian so I LOVED the Waring Angel motife..GREAT JOB GUYS!

But I have to tell you when I took the cards out of the box I was like "ah, man Just bought 144 of these puppies..are you kidding me?" Because of the new feel of the cards are way different than a bike deck or a tally-deck (at first) then I started to play with them..they fan, spread, riffle,pass,control and everything else I could do to them just GREAT! Like I said you HAVE TO GET USE TO THEM, they WILL grow on you..I promise.

So I started my first test..LOOPS. Now even though their white border is very striking to the dark Grey and black back design, I found that with a small bit of audience management you can do ANY AND ALL LOOP effects with the Guardians no problem. Its like using LOOPS with a blue deck with white borders, the blue hides the LOOP very well, well with the Guardians you have a black back design so it hides it perfectly.

Second test..The Cloak. So if they do not stand up under this test I am done with them (at least for lectures). Guess what? They pass with FLYING COLORS!

To those who said " I played with them for 6 hrs straight and they started to clump up" um mm yea, ANY deck that is played with for 6 HRS Straight is going to do some major clumping because of the natural oils from our hands, you see it starts to create moisture and then they begin to stick to each other. Listen if you haver a deck of cards in your hands for 6 hrs straight..STOP IT! Seriously put the cards down and go read a book. It is absolutely ludicrous to think that the cards will not show some elements of cause and effect after 6 hrs. Now to solve the clumping issue get your self a porper card clip (the best there is) and put those puppies (guys PLEASE do not pm me about putting puppies in a card guard) in there for a night and when you wake up (you do sleep right?) in the morning they will be good as new.

Also you guys might have just got a bad batch..it happens. But do not give up on these cards they are GREAT CARDS IF you get to know them.

Justin N. Miller

Alright Justin.

I am putting my absolute faith in you. Not only will I give my Gaurdians more of a chance, I will go and purchase a porper clip for them. One of my main put-offs was their inability to fan at all.

If you say "give them a chance"...then "give them a chance" I will!

Shane K.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
What Justin said about the clumping is 100% true. With my experience using the Guardians, on day 1 they fanned perfectly. On day 2 they started clumping. I kept playing with them to see if it really was becaues of my hands or the finish, but they just needed some breaking in (just like any other deck really).

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I went a bought a porper clip from Ellusionist. Hopefully this will help me out with my current deck of Gaurdians. As I said before in my other post addressed to the T11 team...I REALLY want to be able to use these without worrying about slippage, clumping, wear and tear.

Thanks for review Justin!

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
Justin Miller your awesome,When I saw the ghost deck preview I bought the army of 52 DVD.Didn't know why because I didnt have a gaff deck.But it was still worth it I SO much usable stuff from there.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Wow, Justin...

I took your advice, and I am amazed. I took the time (more than an hour) to mess around with the deck of Gaurdians and eventually broke them in. I'm getting the same types of fans now as I was getting with my deck of Masters. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review. I think if it wasn't for you, I would have missed out on something great!

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I've been afraid to order them because of the bad reviews but I guess I'll never know if i don't try. I'm going to get a few soon

Sep 2, 2007
1. how much is a proper? I have a caurd guard, but I'm not surte if it's a porper...(I payed seven bucks for it...) And also, my gaurdians are cluimping....BAD with fans. but the good thing is, is that They Pass, double lift etc fine. It's just fanning thats screwed up.

Sep 2, 2007
1. how much is a proper? I have a caurd guard, but I'm not surte if it's a porper...(I payed seven bucks for it...) And also, my gaurdians are cluimping....BAD with fans. but the good thing is, is that They Pass, double lift etc fine. It's just fanning thats screwed up.

The one selling at E is $29.80, ouch. I would suggest using some textbooks to minimize the clumping.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results